Author Topic: Pedal Power suggestions.  (Read 1263 times)

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
Pedal Power suggestions.
« on: April 10, 2013, 04:18:38 PM »
I am looking at revamping my pedalboard (again). 

In the old forum we had a discussion about power options.  What do you guys suggest?
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Pedal Power suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 04:30:36 PM »
I have been using a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 for awhile.    Quiet.  Isolation- one pedals bad behavior doesn't travel through the dc wires back through everything else (as I'd experienced with some other power supplies)   And some cool features, such as a ability to do 12v, 18v, and SAG controls to simulate  a low battery (I guess some old fuzzes and such sounded best with a weak battery.)

Mounts perfectly in my pedaltrain board.  And also has a courtesy 110v outlet, which can be handy.

Kind of pricey at $170.   But it has definitely stood up to a lot of use and abuse, so far.

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Pedal Power suggestions.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 06:20:47 PM »
Yo turned me on to Godlyke's PowerAll a couple of years ago, and I've never looked back.  It's like $20. and change.  When mine did screw up, they wouldnt even hear of me buying another one, it was free, shipping and all, and on my doorstep faster than I could say "When's it gonna get here?"  They're constantly improving it, it's got a ton of filters in it, it'll run like 11 pedals at once, it takes up no real estate on your board, it comes with a ton of power adaptors so it'll run any kind of pedal you can imagine, and the guys at Godlyke CERTAINLY deserve your business.  I'd never even consider anything else.
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!