Author Topic: Gee Roy, it sure is quiet around here!  (Read 143999 times)

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 06:26:27 PM by DannyDV8 »
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Gee Roy, it sure is quiet around here!
« Reply #616 on: July 29, 2016, 09:54:15 PM »
Metamucil will cure that problem.  :yes:
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 31, 2016, 12:02:27 PM »
Metamucil will cure that problem.  :yes:

metimucil for guitar players... oh my we are getting old
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 31, 2016, 04:20:18 PM »
Turning 67 in about 6 weeks.  I sure never imagined that I would ever stay in the game this long....

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 01, 2016, 03:02:33 PM »
Turning 67 in about 6 weeks.  I sure never imagined that I would ever stay in the game this long....

And never on the Bench for long !
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 01, 2016, 03:03:29 PM »
My DNA results from ancestry.

Ireland 47%
Europe West 33%
Great Britain 6%
Iberian Peninsula 6%
North Africa 2%
Finland/Northwest Russia 2%
Europe East 2%
Italy/Greece 1%
Scandinavia < 1%

Blueshonky  2013

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 01, 2016, 04:15:12 PM »

And never on the Bench for long !
Yeah, still crackin'

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 09, 2016, 03:07:47 AM »
Whistlin Dixie whilst strollin passed Boot Hill.

Blueshonky  2013

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 09, 2016, 03:55:58 PM »
I'm going back in the studio Wednesday to lay down some vocals, and add some baritone guitar parts, and do whatever else "The Redondo's" album needs.  Surf's up!  We planned on having it released by the beginning of summer, as it is we should have it out before the end of summer. (I hope, I hope, I hope)   :yay!:

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 10, 2016, 01:34:35 AM »
We got one of the grandsons starting tomorrow for 10 days while his parents are in the Bahamas.
When they return we are off to the villages for a week !  :yay!:

Blueshonky  2013

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 10, 2016, 02:50:52 PM »
I'm just about to get in the car and head out to the desert past Palm Springs to La Quinta where the studio is.  Should be hotter than Hell, I hope I am! 

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 10, 2016, 08:23:25 PM »
Good luck on the session, Danny!

BH, I've been spending lots of time with my 2-1/2 year old grandson lately.  Filling in for child care about every Monday in the past month.  Also, some Thurs and Fri.  Also took my son and family to the lake last weekend.  When I watch him, I take him with me to do whatever errands I need to do.  Then I take him to the zoo, petting zoo, airport, park, pool, whatever.  Wear him down.  He falls asleep on the way home.  I spend an hour or so picking up, then join him for the last hour or two of nap time.  Pretty sweet.

We have an indoor skydiving place near us.  I took Kaeleb there Monday so he could see people fly.  He thought that was pretty cool.

The Laura Lisbeth Band hasn't had a gig in several weeks.  Playing outdoors next Saturday, on The Plaza.  Had rehearsal last night, and we are sounding good!  She had been trying to use a Taylor T5, and was never satisfied with the sound.  She went back to her D28 Martin, and I've got my little Quilter rig dialed in nicely.  Looking forward to playing out again.  Also thinking about trying to do some solo acoustic gigs.  Trying to figure out where the gigs are, and what kind of repertoire I want/need.

In local news...  our Schlitterban water park had a fatality on Sunday.  10 year old kid, and the word is that he was 'decapitated'.  It was "Legislator Day", and the kid was a State Legislator's son.  A big waterslide you do in a raft with 3 or so other people.  He got ejected out of the raft.  When they were developing the park, they tested this waterslide/ride, and the rafts were shooting off the side.  They had to make adjustments, before the park opened.   I won't be riding that anytime soon.  Or ever.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 11, 2016, 05:56:22 AM »
Good luck on the session, Danny!

BH, I've been spending lots of time with my 2-1/2 year old grandson lately.  Filling in for child care about every Monday in the past month.  Also, some Thurs and Fri.  Also took my son and family to the lake last weekend.  When I watch him, I take him with me to do whatever errands I need to do.  Then I take him to the zoo, petting zoo, airport, park, pool, whatever.  Wear him down.  He falls asleep on the way home.  I spend an hour or so picking up, then join him for the last hour or two of nap time.  Pretty sweet.

We have an indoor skydiving place near us.  I took Kaeleb there Monday so he could see people fly.  He thought that was pretty cool.

The Laura Lisbeth Band hasn't had a gig in several weeks.  Playing outdoors next Saturday, on The Plaza.  Had rehearsal last night, and we are sounding good!  She had been trying to use a Taylor T5, and was never satisfied with the sound.  She went back to her D28 Martin, and I've got my little Quilter rig dialed in nicely.  Looking forward to playing out again.  Also thinking about trying to do some solo acoustic gigs.  Trying to figure out where the gigs are, and what kind of repertoire I want/need.

In local news...  our Schlitterban water park had a fatality on Sunday.  10 year old kid, and the word is that he was 'decapitated'.  It was "Legislator Day", and the kid was a State Legislator's son.  A big waterslide you do in a raft with 3 or so other people.  He got ejected out of the raft.  When they were developing the park, they tested this waterslide/ride, and the rafts were shooting off the side.  They had to make adjustments, before the park opened.   I won't be riding that anytime soon.  Or ever.
I heard about the kid getting killed on the news here in California.  They were reporting that he was seven years old.  Velcro seat belts?  WTF is up with that?  People had recently reported that the Velcro was coming loose, but no one did anything about it.  I heard they were going to be open for business today.  A little clean up and SHAZAM!  Good as new!

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 11, 2016, 02:53:26 PM »
That was terrible, it was all over the news yesterday. Im off in a few to show my River house. Got 2 showings today, I've had a showing every day since last Friday and sometimes 2 . I can feel a sale coming on. I hope to get an offer soon.:yes:

Blueshonky  2013

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 12, 2016, 09:46:36 AM »
Recording session went real well!  I'll post "Hold on, Hold on" when I get a copy of the mix.