Author Topic: Gee Roy, it sure is quiet around here!  (Read 144007 times)

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Gee Roy, it sure is quiet around here!
« Reply #630 on: August 13, 2016, 01:30:13 AM »
Im pretty sure I got my river place sold. Spent 3 hrs with a couple this afternoon and they had already walked the exterior over before requesting a viewing. Just waitin for the hagglin to begin
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 13, 2016, 05:34:57 PM »
When I win the Mega Millions, I'll beat their offer no matter what it is..... :yay!:
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 15, 2016, 05:26:37 PM »
I hope I get to say sorry, your too late !  got a showing in an hour or so.
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 15, 2016, 05:41:42 PM »
Good LUCK with it!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 17, 2016, 12:07:49 PM »
Still crazy busy with school.  20 hours last week.  Flexible program allows me to work at my own pace  Should be done with this 3 credit class in 4 weeks.
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 17, 2016, 05:48:13 PM »
I'm sure you'll be fine!

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 19, 2016, 06:53:37 PM »
Still crazy busy with school.  20 hours last week.  Flexible program allows me to work at my own pace  Should be done with this 3 credit class in 4 weeks.

Good luck, Ken!  Its not easy, but has its rewards.

I did an Associates degree, night school at the local JuCo, while working 40+ hours and managing small kid obligations.  It was insane.   6 to 9 credit hours per semester; with a condensed 3 credit during the summer.  Many nights working on papers till 2am or so.  Taking calculus homework to work with me, so I wouldn't be up all night finishing.  Most nights, I was at class after work, till 9pm, dinner in the juco cafeteria.  At that time, work would reimburse tuition costs.

The thing I love most  about retirement is not having that feeling of "every minute of my time is overbooked, and very little of it is stuff I want to be doing."  That feeling has hung over me a lot.   Good riddance.  I am still busy, but on my own terms.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 30, 2016, 08:57:53 AM »
Test, one, two!

IS THIS THING ON?

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 30, 2016, 01:05:09 PM »
We had 5 days in the villages ,got in Sunday afternoon and we are resting up for 5 more days starting next tuesday. We go down tuesday thru saturday, the parties are slow sunday and monday.

My agent called and we are waiting for an offer on the River house. im ready to turn the page on that part of my life. It looks like it is going to become a vacation rental home.

http://youtu.be/ascHTGOB99M
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 01:09:12 PM by BH »

Blueshonky  2013

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 31, 2016, 03:41:12 PM »
We had 5 days in the villages ,got in Sunday afternoon and we are resting up for 5 more days starting next tuesday. We go down tuesday thru saturday, the parties are slow sunday and monday.

My agent called and we are waiting for an offer on the River house. im ready to turn the page on that part of my life. It looks like it is going to become a vacation rental home.

http://youtu.be/ascHTGOB99M

Cool place!  Must be a little sorry to see it go.  Did it sound like the lady's voice was synthesized speech?

I am looking toward selling the sailboat I've owned for the past 25+ years.  Selling it is part of the process of downsizing, and getting ready to move to the coast to buy an ocean boat.  So, plenty of up side, but selling the other one will be bittersweet.

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 31, 2016, 06:04:48 PM »
You may be right about the narrator. Its time to turn the page, Im happy in my condo and not having any exterior responsibilities. We are at the point of don't buy stuff, if I cant eat it, drink it, drive it or have sex with it, I don't need it !
  The listing agent has been our friend since about 1983. Her husband and I were everyday friends and partners in lots of business adventures before we had kids. They never had children and we drifted apart due to lifestyles. Tim is one of the workingest musicians in Chattanooga for the past 30 yrs. . Music and golf is all he does, you start talking work and he slips out the back.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 06:11:07 PM by BH »

Blueshonky  2013

JKennemur

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 31, 2016, 07:04:16 PM »
You may be right about the narrator. Its time to turn the page, Im happy in my condo and not having any exterior responsibilities. We are at the point of don't buy stuff, if I cant eat it, drink it, drive it or have sex with it, I don't need it !
  The listing agent has been our friend since about 1983. Her husband and I were everyday friends and partners in lots of business adventures before we had kids. They never had children and we drifted apart due to lifestyles. Tim is one of the workingest musicians in Chattanooga for the past 30 yrs. . Music and golf is all he does, you start talking work and he slips out the back.

Hahaha! I'll tell him you said so next time I see him!

Truth is TRUTH!   ;)

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 01, 2016, 10:24:38 AM »

Hahaha! I'll tell him you said so next time I see him!

Truth is TRUTH!   ;)

I told his wife that yesterday morning while on the phone with her and him sitting next to her.

Blueshonky  2013

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 07, 2016, 05:57:57 PM »
Labor day weekend was a long one.   Spent all day Saturday getting fit for a tux for my daughters wedding.  No fun and stupid expensive.  It will be $300 to rent a tux for a day.  Stinking highway robbery.

Sunday we had our second annual jam at the lake event.   This year the timing was much much better.  We had boats from the other side of the lake come over and anchor to listen to the music.   Didn't have enough lead time to get ready though, and only had 3 hours of music lined up.   

2 different neighbors came to praise us for the music.   Asked us to play all night long. 

Next year will be better yet
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 15, 2016, 07:00:10 PM »
Hello hello hello is anyone home?

We got in Sunday after another week in the villages. Weighed in at 223, when I hit 215, I'm heading back for more. It's Healthy Choice frozen dinners for awhile.

Blueshonky  2013