Author Topic: Gee Roy, it sure is quiet around here!  (Read 106450 times)

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Gee Roy, it sure is quiet around here!
« Reply #300 on: November 22, 2014, 08:53:30 PM »
Nyuk nyuk Nyuk
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 23, 2014, 09:36:32 PM »
I got so darn involved in playing with the new amp I forgot my way home.
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 24, 2014, 03:01:14 AM »
It's sad how quiet this place has become. I really had lots of laughs with all you guys throughout the years. Facebook f'd it all up. I really miss all the BS we put down daily. Thangs change and time marches on. I wish we could beat this dead horse back upon it's feet!
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 24, 2014, 05:44:42 AM »
I'm here several times a day.  If it's dead quiet I just cruise through, but I'm here.........
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 24, 2014, 02:30:14 PM »
Since all my kids moved out again, my wife is having a home-improvement spaz attack.   My studio/rehearshal space has been disrupted for weeks.  My computer has been shutdown for about 4 days.  I haven't been online so much lately.

I have the intention to flesh out some original material I've been carrying around in my head.  I would like to shift my band into a mix of more original material.  And try to get into some different gigs.  Kind of in a rut.

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 24, 2014, 04:43:12 PM »
Since all my kids moved out again, my wife is having a home-improvement spaz attack.   My studio/rehearshal space has been disrupted for weeks.  My computer has been shutdown for about 4 days.  I haven't been online so much lately.

I have the intention to flesh out some original material I've been carrying around in my head.  I would like to shift my band into a mix of more original material.  And try to get into some different gigs.  Kind of in a rut.

I cruise thru several times a day while doing my accounting thing. Me and the wife have been doing the same. Remodeled our condo and getting the other place ready to sell and then comes wine time @ 4pm.

We made reservations in the Villages for New Years this morning.

Blueshonky  2013

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 24, 2014, 06:21:36 PM »
Definitely a product of my own GAS.  I bet I played 8 hours yesterday if not 20 hours over the weekend.  New Amp, New cab, some soldering projects, but never time to check in here (sad on my part)

Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 24, 2014, 07:04:54 PM »

I cruise thru several times a day while doing my accounting thing. Me and the wife have been doing the same. Remodeled our condo and getting the other place ready to sell and then comes wine time @ 4pm.

My wife and I are a case of 'opposites attract'.  And for the most part, we complement each other well.  Each filling in the gaps of the other.  When it comes to home improvement, to me it is necessary chore.  I cannot watch HGTV.  I hate having my space disrupted by construction/remodeling.  I hate working all day, then coming home to 4 hours of home improvement/maintenance stuff.  Not my idea of a good time. 

On the other hand, my wife is really 'into it.'  So, for many projects my sole contribution is just tolerating it.  Kathie will do most of the work, and/or hire it done.  She is not afraid of any home project.  Me... I grumble if she starts talking about rearranging the furniture.  So, my primary man-cave, studio, rehearsal space, office, etc has been unavailable for about a month.  Getting kind of grouchy about it.   

She has another project planned that will wreck our bedroom, closet space, bathroom/shower, etc.  I told her 'if you think I'm grouchy now, just wait till you f with the bedroom!'  This too shall pass, this too shall pass, this too shall pass.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 24, 2014, 08:15:19 PM »
I'm still trying to get healed up from the surgery I had in late July.  The doctor left a stitch out for drainage, which was hunky dory at the time.  I did six weeks of intravenous antibiotics, and for the most part the leg healed up, all except where he left the stitch out.  There's still a hole there, and it's not healing at all. There was a lapse in my insurance because I turned 65, and Medi-cal mistakenly dropped me and so I had no medical attention for about 6 weeks.  I finally got that all straightened out.  Personally if I was the doctor, I would have seen me anyway because if I lose this leg, his thangs are going to be MY thangs.  I would have taken a fucking LOOK if I was him! Now my primary has had me on anti-bacterial meds for about three weeks, and no improvement.  Next I'm supposed to go back on antibiotics.  The wound itself still goes crazy when I pour hydrogen peroxide on it.  I've been messing with this for over half a year now.  The bone itself is never going to really heal, but I'd be happier than a pig in shit if at least the wound from the surgery would.  The fact is, I wish they would have amputated the ankle like I asked them to when it got crushed.  I knew this was going to come back to bite me on the ass!  Anyway, back on topic, I'm still here alla, alla time.

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 25, 2014, 02:58:29 AM »
I'm still trying to get healed up from the surgery I had in late July.  The doctor left a stitch out for drainage, which was hunky dory at the time.  I did six weeks of intravenous antibiotics, and for the most part the leg healed up, all except where he left the stitch out.  There's still a hole there, and it's not healing at all. There was a lapse in my insurance because I turned 65, and Medi-cal mistakenly dropped me and so I had no medical attention for about 6 weeks.  I finally got that all straightened out.  Personally if I was the doctor, I would have seen me anyway because if I lose this leg, his thangs are going to be MY thangs.  I would have taken a fucking LOOK if I was him! Now my primary has had me on anti-bacterial meds for about three weeks, and no improvement.  Next I'm supposed to go back on antibiotics.  The wound itself still goes crazy when I pour hydrogen peroxide on it.  I've been messing with this for over half a year now.  The bone itself is never going to really heal, but I'd be happier than a pig in shit if at least the wound from the surgery would.  The fact is, I wish they would have amputated the ankle like I asked them to when it got crushed.  I knew this was going to come back to bite me on the ass!  Anyway, back on topic, I'm still here alla, alla time.

God damn ! You makin me hurt ! I wish you the best. I know one thing for sure when I get to to point of no return I want to go to one of the states that let you put yourself out of misery.

I got to die but I want to F the devil out of makin me and my family suffer anymore than we have to.

Blueshonky  2013

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 25, 2014, 03:18:36 AM »

My wife and I are a case of 'opposites attract'.  And for the most part, we complement each other well.  Each filling in the gaps of the other.  When it comes to home improvement, to me it is necessary chore.  I cannot watch HGTV.  I hate having my space disrupted by construction/remodeling.  I hate working all day, then coming home to 4 hours of home improvement/maintenance stuff.  Not my idea of a good time. 

On the other hand, my wife is really 'into it.'  So, for many projects my sole contribution is just tolerating it.  Kathie will do most of the work, and/or hire it done.  She is not afraid of any home project.  Me... I grumble if she starts talking about rearranging the furniture.  So, my primary man-cave, studio, rehearsal space, office, etc has been unavailable for about a month.  Getting kind of grouchy about it.   

She has another project planned that will wreck our bedroom, closet space, bathroom/shower, etc.  I told her 'if you think I'm grouchy now, just wait till you f with the bedroom!'  This too shall pass, this too shall pass, this too shall pass.

My wife and I are opposites also. We have over 20K sq ft under roof and we agree to disagree. We have some very heated discussions on how to proceed. It works well for us and we usually come to the best decision.

I was getting ready to dump most of mine and kick back but my son seems to have stepped up and I have had it made for almost 3 years. I hope it last !

I'm a builder bee by nature, I'm over it. I wish to spend my days simply having a good time and not dealing with stuff.

Blueshonky  2013

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 25, 2014, 03:10:51 PM »

God damn ! You makin me hurt ! I wish you the best. I know one thing for sure when I get to to point of no return I want to go to one of the states that let you put yourself out of misery.

I got to die but I want to F the devil out of makin me and my family suffer anymore than we have to.
Clearly if I was a horse they'd shoot me.......If I didn't get better then what?  Would they shoot me again?

fsr

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 26, 2014, 04:40:15 PM »
Sorry bout your leg, Danny. That's been a long struggle.

Some of the time this site won't load. Sometimes it will. And a lot of times I look but don't talk. I'm more of a lurker....

My wife's mom had surgery on her leg the end of Oct, a carcinoma had formed at the site of a bruise she got when she fell. So we were in Illinois at the beginning of November. I traveled back to CO to do some necessary editing, then came back to Illinois in time to fly to St Croix for some beach time. I was pretty relaxed but Denise was worried about her mom most of the time.

We got back in last nite and I thought I'd stop in to say hey. "Hey"

We put an offer in on a condo, the original closing date was Dec 1st, put has got pushed back until we get some numbers form the HOA. Second base in IL.

I have been enjoying the gold Tele. It's so flashy it's embarrassing. Got to be dead to yourself to take her out. But it sounds schweet!

fsr

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 26, 2014, 04:45:25 PM »
Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 26, 2014, 04:56:50 PM »
Also, if the light is hitting the metal flake on that Telecaster just right it will blind you temporarily.  For sure it's a spanky sounding guitar!