Author Topic: NPD  (Read 2482 times)

fsr

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
NPD
« on: May 02, 2013, 02:04:42 AM »
Just got my Ethos overdrive - figuring it out but not there yet.

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
Re: NPD
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 12:19:55 PM »
Pics and clips if possible.
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

fsr

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 12:40:42 PM »
I'm working on a new album so clips will be forthcoming. Last nite I was messing around seeing what my LP sounded like thru it. I play that guitar the least, but sounded good  so I'm liking it so far.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
  • Thems the Blues: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 12:42:18 PM »
just set up the channel like you would a dumble. works well.

fsr

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 04:53:07 PM »
Never played thru a Dumble - but I've now run my 335 and strat thru it. Starting to get the hang of it and liking it better. The trick is finding the clean and gain channel balance with the tone I want. The boost is pretty juicy, I must say. It does sound nice direct into my board.

My amp's still packed in the vehicle but it's coming downstairs today or tomorrow. It's too freakin cold to deal with unloading. Then I'll pair it up with my delay and verb and see how it sounds thru the Mesa.

fsr

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 03:04:58 AM »
here is a clip -

messing around with the looper and the Ethos -

I used the 335.  The amp is the Mesa, clean channel, gain is about 9:30, master at 10, treble and mid at around 9, bass a hair shy of 12. Quiet.

I set a loop on the clean channel of the Ethos, and then I switched over to the drive channel and come in on the 4 chord. I probably should have had the clean side a little quieter, but I was just messin. Couple choruses and then I kicked on the boost. A couple choruses I started talking to demonstrate just how quiet I had the amp - probably didn't need to as you can plainly hear my foot. One thing I noticed on playback is that I have a standing wave of about 200hz right where the mic was. Blue Baby Bottle btw. Shortly after I switched to the boost I was down on the second fret and on the recording it just bloomed - and that is the only correction I made, took out the 200hz for about a bar. Everything else is as was.

All that clicking at the end is me trying to stop the looper (workin it out, workin it out)

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
  • Thems the Blues: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 06:26:05 AM »
that sounds great mark.  especially with the boost it really sings. the acoustic sound of the strings is a little too much though, at this volume it is better too record with a solid body.  i use the looper from the flashback, same operation, just shorter loop time. but it doubles as an awesome delay.

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 10:47:25 PM »
here is a clip -

messing around with the looper and the Ethos -

I used the 335.  The amp is the Mesa, clean channel, gain is about 9:30, master at 10, treble and mid at around 9, bass a hair shy of 12. Quiet.

I set a loop on the clean channel of the Ethos, and then I switched over to the drive channel and come in on the 4 chord. I probably should have had the clean side a little quieter, but I was just messin. Couple choruses and then I kicked on the boost. A couple choruses I started talking to demonstrate just how quiet I had the amp - probably didn't need to as you can plainly hear my foot. One thing I noticed on playback is that I have a standing wave of about 200hz right where the mic was. Blue Baby Bottle btw. Shortly after I switched to the boost I was down on the second fret and on the recording it just bloomed - and that is the only correction I made, took out the 200hz for about a bar. Everything else is as was.

All that clicking at the end is me trying to stop the looper (workin it out, workin it out)

nice Mark! Robben Ford-in-a-can...definitely does a nice dumble flavored overdrive