Author Topic: Sick amp, once again...  (Read 3553 times)

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Sick amp, once again...
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 01:03:15 PM »
Fender will do limited runs of the hot rod amps through GC/MF ...just cosmetic changes. That might be what it was. I played through a 2rock studio at a jam and it was killer! Un real how big that little amp sounds. Not sure Id pay $3g for it though. I would hunt down a used boutique fender clone over buying a new hot rod amp. Build will be 10x better for about the same scratch.

One of the drawbacks of living in a relatively small market (for musical instruments)-- very hard to find boutique gear locally.   Most stuff has no local dealers.   And as far as used...   Most of the people who have mail-ordered them, or bought them out of town, aren't selling.   Finding them at all is rare; and finding deals ever rarer.

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 03:45:58 PM »
Fender will do limited runs of the hot rod amps through GC/MF ...just cosmetic changes. That might be what it was. I played through a 2rock studio at a jam and it was killer! Un real how big that little amp sounds. Not sure Id pay $3g for it though. I would hunt down a used boutique fender clone over buying a new hot rod amp. Build will be 10x better for about the same scratch.

One of the drawbacks of living in a relatively small market (for musical instruments)-- very hard to find boutique gear locally.   Most stuff has no local dealers.   And as far as used...   Most of the people who have mail-ordered them, or bought them out of town, aren't selling.   Finding them at all is rare; and finding deals ever rarer.

Yep same here. I'm within a couple hours drive to some decent shops though. TGP classifieds are your best bet for high end stuff.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
  • Thems the Blues: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 04:50:20 PM »

two rock definnitely has the huge sound in a small package thing going. and if you think the studio sounds big, you have to hear the custom reverb signature.