Author Topic: Added One Of These To My Board  (Read 2323 times)

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Added One Of These To My Board
« on: May 28, 2013, 07:55:12 AM »
Korg PitchBlack Chromatic Tuner Pedal *DEMO*

So far I'm really loving it, plus when you hit the switch, it mutes everything, so it makes for nice tight endings to songs if you have two or three effects on, no hiss or feedback while you're trying to turn everything back off!  Meanwhile, I want tis guy to read me a bedtime story, I was thinking "Hansel and Gretel' would be great!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 08:01:22 AM by DannyDV8 »
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
  • Thems the Blues: +8/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Added One Of These To My Board
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 03:42:33 PM »
i am surprised you didn't get the tc polytune. same features plus it check all 6 strings at once. you can just strum the guitar and tells you which string is in and which is out of tune. if you only play one string it switches to monophonic tuning.

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 04:51:37 PM »
i am surprised you didn't get the tc polytune. same features plus it check all 6 strings at once. you can just strum the guitar and tells you which string is in and which is out of tune. if you only play one string it switches to monophonic tuning.

So, how do you like the polytune.  I have heard mixed reviews on it, but never from a decent gigging player.  Accuracy, ease of use?
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 06:15:37 PM »

So, how do you like the polytune.  I have heard mixed reviews on it, but never from a decent gigging player.  Accuracy, ease of use?

i love it. accuracy and ease of use is as good as any other tuner i have seen. it relly saves time on tuning between songs though, just strum and see if any strings need tuning. no need to go through all 6 strings one by one.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 06:42:55 PM »
I got a really good deal on this one, I tried a used one, liked it a bunch, and got a new one on the cheap.  It's probably the most accurate tuner I've used, certainly the most accurate one I've owned.  I Like the mirror display a lot.  I was using my little Snark mostly, but when you have a lot of guitars and ukes, you almost need one in each case, or it can wind up getting left at home with the last instrument you played.  This was a cheap fix to that problem.  Another little something that I like is that it has a power out that's good for 200ma, so you can  daisy chain off of it to run another effect.  It may not be the latest state of the art dealio, but it's certainly a step up for me.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 06:54:29 PM by DannyDV8 »

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 08:20:47 PM »

i love it. accuracy and ease of use is as good as any other tuner i have seen. it relly saves time on tuning between songs though, just strum and see if any strings need tuning. no need to go through all 6 strings one by one.

need an icon for Yosoy Approved!
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 08:34:55 PM »
Here's your sign!   :yay!:

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 10:42:25 PM »

If I can hear one string ou of tune, I'm going to give them all a stretch, and tune all of them again.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 02:55:09 AM »
I got a really good deal on this one, I tried a used one, liked it a bunch, and got a new one on the cheap.  It's probably the most accurate tuner I've used, certainly the most accurate one I've owned.  I Like the mirror display a lot.  I was using my little Snark mostly, but when you have a lot of guitars and ukes, you almost need one in each case, or it can wind up getting left at home with the last instrument you played.  This was a cheap fix to that problem.  Another little something that I like is that it has a power out that's good for 200ma, so you can  daisy chain off of it to run another effect.  It may not be the latest state of the art dealio, but it's certainly a step up for me.

you can get the polytune for 80 bucks, and it also has the power out.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 06:22:14 AM »
I picked this dealio up for a little more than half that.  Money's been really tight.