Author Topic: New mic on the way  (Read 4453 times)

fsr

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: New mic on the way
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 01:58:37 AM »
here is a video. look at the mouth position. the key is keeping the upper lips down as much as possible, that moves the soft palette up. Richard Fredricks - National Anthem

Richard Fredricks sings Granada
I can't remember how many times I'd thought how much more I would have enjoyed the Stones if only Mick had sounded like that.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
  • Thems the Blues: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 02:57:57 AM »
Once the throat tightens up, you're a goner.   Meanwhile if this chick goes anywhere at at she'll have polyps before she finishes a whole tour.  She's singing from her throat, and not from her diaphragm.

apparently singing from the diaphragm is not the right way either. better than throat though.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 02:59:59 AM »
here is a video. look at the mouth position. the key is keeping the upper lips down as much as possible, that moves the soft palette up. Richard Fredricks - National Anthem

I can't remember how many times I'd thought how much more I would have enjoyed the Stones if only Mick had sounded like that.
  the point is not the style of singing, but the proper technique. that doesn't change. he has all kinds of pop and rock singers coming to him.

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2013, 12:31:05 PM »

ahahahahaha
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

fsr

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 03:12:43 PM »
Hey on a completely different note, I met Justin Beiber's singing coach. Whole lot of other singers too.

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 05:34:30 PM »
Whomever told Beiber he could sing should be horsewhipped within an inch of their life, and dogs should lick up their blood off the ground.
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 01:14:37 AM »
rich, have you ever thought of changing the position of your soft palate to get more projection when singing? you can make you sinuses resonate if you raise the soft palate, and that improves projection a whole lot. it is amazing that almost all pop/rock singers sing from the throat, limiting their projection greatly. one of my clients teaches singing, he can sing over a p.a. no problem, and without any effort. he also doesn't use much air, he blows most of the air out before starting the phrase. his whole facial bone structure becomes a speaker that vibrates, a much more effective instrument than using the throat.

I'm sure there is much vocal technique-learning, I could benefit from.  I've done pretty well at embracing the relaxed throat (hmmm, that didn't come out right.)   And I can add grit without hurting myself.

It would be cool to eliminate the break between chest voice and head voice.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 02:15:29 AM »
rich, have you ever thought of changing the position of your soft palate to get more projection when singing? you can make you sinuses resonate if you raise the soft palate, and that improves projection a whole lot. it is amazing that almost all pop/rock singers sing from the throat, limiting their projection greatly. one of my clients teaches singing, he can sing over a p.a. no problem, and without any effort. he also doesn't use much air, he blows most of the air out before starting the phrase. his whole facial bone structure becomes a speaker that vibrates, a much more effective instrument than using the throat.

I'm sure there is much vocal technique-learning, I could benefit from.  I've done pretty well at embracing the relaxed throat (hmmm, that didn't come out right.)   And I can add grit without hurting myself.

It would be cool to eliminate the break between chest voice and head voice.

it didn't come out right, but did it go in right? did you learn that technique from your wife?  why would you need that technique, i can understand why your wife needs it.