Author Topic: Blues Crackers @ After 5  (Read 7361 times)

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Blues Crackers @ After 5
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 01:39:32 AM »
This went pretty well.  Linda perked up before I left the house so I was able to wrap my head around what needed to be done.  Dean did real good on the drums, band sounded good, good crowd, my daughter came down to hear us play, and overall a good time was had by all.  I had a few cords and some little stuff sitting on the pool table while we were setting up, some little punk couldn't wait two minutes for me to finish so he took my stuff off the table and put it on the floor.  That already ruffled my feathers.  When he made his big boy break and managed to kick my Strat and case over I went balistic.  When his little buddy wanted to get involved I managed to inform them that whipping both their asses would only take a second, and then they could get back to their game, and that they wouldn't like it if they disrespected me or my gear a third time.  That was pretty much the end of that dealio, I can assure you.  It seemed that no one was curious as to how mad I could get.  After that the evening went very smoothly, thank you.  A good time was had by all.  (Except those two guys)
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 03:11:24 AM »
They opened up After 5 to Fridy nights, and we're the first group they're having in...tonight!  It's time to let the healing begin, and try to remember who I am, and who I used to be, and with any luck the part of Linda that lives in my heart will move my playing up to new levels, and this will be very theraputic for me.  Ladies and gentlemen, I show got the BLUES!

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 10:21:04 AM »
We nailed it. I opened up to the people I was playing for more than I have in a long, long time.  I've been in a box for a long time.  The first six months Linda was sick I couldn't wrap my head around playing at all.  After a while I learned to isolate myself from her illness when I was playing to a certain degree, but it left me in a box.  I don't know how to explain it except I was so damned preoccupied.......  There was a certain freedom in playing tonight.  I didn't have to worry about her any more.  With that preoccupation gone I started actually playing to people, instead of just standing there playing.  Big difference.  I know for me my healing, my reconstruction and to some degree my salvation are to be found in my vocation.  I had one come up in Silverado canyon tomorrow, with us and a friends band.  Just what the doctor ordered, more therapy!

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2014, 06:58:07 PM »
We nailed it. I opened up to the people I was playing for more than I have in a long, long time.  I've been in a box for a long time.  The first six months Linda was sick I couldn't wrap my head around playing at all.  After a while I learned to isolate myself from her illness when I was playing to a certain degree, but it left me in a box.  I don't know how to explain it except I was so damned preoccupied.......  There was a certain freedom in playing tonight.  I didn't have to worry about her any more.  With that preoccupation gone I started actually playing to people, instead of just standing there playing.  Big difference.  I know for me my healing, my reconstruction and to some degree my salvation are to be found in my vocation.  I had one come up in Silverado canyon tomorrow, with us and a friends band.  Just what the doctor ordered, more therapy!

Glad to hear it!!!  Music is the medicine.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2014, 07:05:14 PM »
At least until Sunday rolls around!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2014, 11:57:51 PM »
Keep on :smoke:
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2014, 05:10:59 PM »
Back at After 5 tonight!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2014, 03:24:06 AM »
Cool.  Hope you are smokin it!
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2014, 10:17:54 PM »
I'm getting to be more in the pocket.  I'm getting used to things, and moving on.  I even brought a date! I was playing out of the box for the most part.  The crowd was good, especially considering that we were having hard rains, and they stayed for the whole night!  All in all it was a fun night, and let's face it, I could use a few of those!

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2014, 12:56:36 AM »
Good for you !
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2014, 02:17:10 AM »
 :yes:

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2014, 03:57:28 PM »
If I'm not back in the hospital for a surgery I'll be at After 5 this Saturday night!

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2014, 07:22:27 PM »
If I'm not back in the hospital for a surgery I'll be at After 5 this Saturday night!

Hoping you are at the gig, then!  Good luck on the scan!

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2014, 07:40:38 PM »
I'm sweatin' bullets.