Author Topic: ZT Amps  (Read 1585 times)

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +2/-0
    • View Profile
ZT Amps
« on: October 18, 2013, 01:32:36 PM »
I ended up with a ZT Lunchbox in a cash/trade deal. I'm pretty impressed...for some reason this amp gets along great with my Guild archtop. Really has a warm clean tone for jazz. I think it's the mid hump that really makes it feel punchy like a tube amp. Should be a great recording/practice amp. Didn't someone here have a ZT they were using? I was even thinking about checking out their bigger club amp.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Re: ZT Amps
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 04:06:52 PM »
I ended up with a ZT Lunchbox in a cash/trade deal. I'm pretty impressed...for some reason this amp gets along great with my Guild archtop. Really has a warm clean tone for jazz. I think it's the mid hump that really makes it feel punchy like a tube amp. Should be a great recording/practice amp. Didn't someone here have a ZT they were using? I was even thinking about checking out their bigger club amp.

I thought about getting one as a backup, but never pulled the trigger.  Seems like someone here did have one.

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 11:50:49 PM »
I played a couple, never pulled the trigger on one though.
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
  • Thems the Blues: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 05:54:39 PM »
i think larry has one.

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 07:50:38 PM »
I think you're right...Larry did post some stuff about the ZT. I would think it would be ideal as a backup amp to keep in your trunk...200 watts and 10lbs max.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
  • Thems the Blues: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 10:23:13 PM »
i tried them, and pretty impressive for the size. especially if you run an extension cab.