Author Topic: ngd  (Read 2381 times)

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
  • Thems the Blues: +8/-0
    • View Profile
ngd
« on: November 07, 2013, 09:11:50 PM »
not exactly. i took apart 3 strats and 3 teles and made one of each. niw i just have to put together the other ones. i'll still have 6 complete guitars, but 2 will be exactly the way i want them. i took the neck from the srv strat (because of the evo gold frets), the body from my white strat and the pickguard and pups from the american standard (jazzy cats/s8 mix).  i took my white tele body, my chris clem tele neck, and an old fender 3 saddle bridge and the d allen wildcat pups to make the tele. really happy with them right now.

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
Re: ngd
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 09:45:11 PM »
Whathehellecaster?

Sounds pretty cool!
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 08:11:35 AM »
i liked each guitar for different reasons, and kept rotating them. now i just have to pick from 2. might sell the am standard strat, i'll just put in the fender pups i have (and don't use). those are still custom shop pups.
i have been playing my lp a whole lot more. it's a washburn lp prototype, and much better than any gibson i have played. the d allen alleycat pups made a huge difference. i had a gibson 498t and a burstbucker pro in there before.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 06:20:47 PM »
i have put all the guitars back together, and it is pretty interesting. i had an ash body strat with a maple neck, and an alder with rosewood. after swapping those, they both sound better than before. the wood combination had far more effect than i anticipated. last night i also swapped the pickups in the 2, i wasn't perfectly happy with either, and again, big improvement on both guitars. another interesting point, both necks were shimmed, and after the neck swap neither needed it. the tremolos also became much more responsive. nice and smooth, the way i like it, and before the trem, especially on one of the guitars was pretty stiff.

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 07:40:36 PM »
Strats amd Teles are both pretty amazing guitars in as much as iif you turn one screw you have a somewhat different guitar on your hands.  That's what I love about them.  It stands to reason that with all the part swaping you're going to see vast changes.  Glad they were all good ones!
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 08:42:47 PM »
Yeah cool.  I'm still scared to tell anyone about the last thing I got.
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 09:09:54 PM »
Sounds like a job for penicillin!
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!