Author Topic: quilter aviator  (Read 2276 times)

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
  • Thems the Blues: +8/-0
    • View Profile
quilter aviator
« on: November 08, 2013, 08:44:35 AM »
i tried them out, quite good actually. they are solid state, but not modeling. the clean channel was very nice, very full. 200 watts. very light as well, the combo is maybe around 30lbs or even less. the drive channel is better than any solid state i have heard.
Aviator Sound samples

Aviator Pedal Friendly

i have heard a few guys using it live, and it doesn't disappear, like the solid state modeling amps do, in the mix.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Re: quilter aviator
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 02:58:44 PM »
Samples sound good.   Keep thinking that sooner or later SS will be done right, and be the equal, or even better than tube amps.

I also thought that in the mid 70s and bought a SS Sunn head with 2 4x10 cabs.   Hands down the worst amp I've ever owned!   I didn't use any pedals in those days.   It would do an OK clean, but I didn't never used 'clean' in those days.   And trying to get crunch out of that rig, just resulted in horrible ice-pick to the ears sound.   I ran it as dark as possible, just brighter than pure mud.

Come a long way.

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 07:56:27 PM »
Thats cool
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
  • Thems the Blues: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 03:03:33 AM »
i was impressed. 800 bucks, complete reliability, light, a direct out that sounds great, a lot of positives. otoh, i am very spoiled by the two rock, and it's certainly not there yet. the micropro, their other line has compressor, limiter, tremolo,  delay, reverb, boost, all foot switchable. also different modes, but i think it maybe modeling though. the micropro head is 7 pounds, 200 watts, and works with any impedance speaker cab. has all the effects, and 699 retail. as a backup it's even great.

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 01:28:54 PM »
A friend of mine told me about these a while ago...he said a lot of the blues guys hustling gigs around the Chicago area have started using them. Light, loud and they sound pretty damn good. I need to check one out.