Author Topic: Pulled the Trigger...  (Read 7238 times)

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Pulled the Trigger...
« on: November 30, 2013, 01:39:11 AM »
on a Louis Electric Buster...basically a 25 watt tweed-meets-brownface deluxe. Uses 6L6's and has some serious spank! Not shipping until monday so that sucks...

here's a clip of one

Arthur Neilson Plays a Deluxe Buster With a Hahn Strat

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
Re: Pulled the Trigger...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 03:36:22 AM »
killer tone.  kewl
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 06:23:16 AM »
I checked out three different demos.  It sounds nice and warm, you should be happy with that!
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 12:39:59 PM »
Yep I think this one will work better for me than a typically tweed deluxe. I tried what i could find locally and a stock 5e3 just gets too dirty at too low a volume. Good for classic rock tones or the Neil young thing if you crank it but that's not what I'm after. This one will have the clean headroom more like the higher wattage tweeds (Super, Pro etc) and all in a small 35 lb combo. 

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 12:57:46 PM »
this was the demo I liked....once you get past the Zepplin riffage in the begining he gets into some cleaner tones. That's where I live 80% of the time! and this amp nails that vintage 50's era clean tone.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPasrEBluKI

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
  • Thems the Blues: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 01:03:44 PM »
Yep I think this one will work better for me than a typically tweed deluxe. I tried what i could find locally and a stock 5e3 just gets too dirty at too low a volume. Good for classic rock tones or the Neil young thing if you crank it but that's not what I'm after. This one will have the clean headroom more like the higher wattage tweeds (Super, Pro etc) and all in a small 35 lb combo.
i am surprised you didn't go for a quilter. very light. the 1x12 is nice and it has 2 channels, foot switchable boost reverb, also footswitchable.

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 02:42:42 PM »
No way, I would much rather have a Lou Rosano, handwired tube amp. Quilters sound pretty good in the demos I've heard but not something I'm real excited about..they definitely don't sound tweed at all. I got the Buster for the same price as the Quilter and they weigh about the same. Bells & whistles I definitely don't need.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 02:44:18 PM by Brad »

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 12:02:28 AM »
Congratulations! 

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 06:47:31 AM »
I think for you, this amp is going to be like coming home.
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 03:19:14 PM »
Congratulations! 

Thanks!

I think for you, this amp is going to be like coming home.

I think it'll be perfect, of course the gig is the true test ...if not I should be able to flip it fairly easily for what I have in it. 

jblaylock

• Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 06:02:18 PM »
I really liked the dynamic versatility in that last clip. Congrats on the purchase.

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 10:17:06 PM »
I really liked the dynamic versatility in that last clip. Congrats on the purchase.

Yes sir! I'm always adjusting my guitar's volume knob while I'm playing so it'll be nice to have an amp that responds more to that. With my vibroverb and most blackface amps i've owned the effect wasn't as drastic. This will be a nice change. Some gigs I may even be able to go pedal-less which will also be nice.

jblaylock

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 03:46:54 PM »

Yes sir! I'm always adjusting my guitar's volume knob while I'm playing so it'll be nice to have an amp that responds more to that. With my vibroverb and most blackface amps i've owned the effect wasn't as drastic. This will be a nice change. Some gigs I may even be able to go pedal-less which will also be nice.

Badass.
Personally, I haven't plugged into an amp in probably 6 months. Bren playimg the archtop unplugged every day though. It's just so pleasant sounding. But this thread is kind of giving me that itch to go plug in wiyh the strat or LP.

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 05:09:26 PM »

Badass.
Personally, I haven't plugged into an amp in probably 6 months. Bren playimg the archtop unplugged every day though. It's just so pleasant sounding. But this thread is kind of giving me that itch to go plug in wiyh the strat or LP.

I'm the same way...only plugged in on a gig. Usually just noodle around on my guild unplugged.

Amp gets delivered Thursday...getting the itch like a crackhead!

fsr

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 06:15:07 PM »
Sounds nice - like the weight. What did that set you back, if you don't mind me asking?