Author Topic: Trem/Verb Pedal  (Read 4567 times)

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Trem/Verb Pedal
« on: December 01, 2013, 10:28:16 PM »
I have some extra funds in the gear kitty and i'm thinking about a trem & verb pedal for the new amp. Never been satisfied with verb pedals they really seem to make everything over-processed but haven't tried any of the newer ones.

The Strymon Flint looks like the one. Anyone tried it? Or maybe a FT Super Trem and a Wet reverb? Haven't tried any of those but they get great reviews.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
  • Thems the Blues: +8/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Trem/Verb Pedal
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 01:21:53 AM »
the wet reverb for sure. and you can turn it into the delay or chorus with just a software change. the dry signal stay analog, so your tone does not get processed. i also like the hermidia reverb, just simple, one knob. i like the strymon ones too, but i prefer the wet.

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 02:56:33 AM »
It's looking like the Subdecay Spring Theory or the Wampler Faux Reverb are on the radar too. For Tremolo the Fulltone or the T Rex sound great.....but man, the Flint is tempting. Cheaper than 2 separate pedals and to have both in one box.

fsr

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 03:42:54 AM »
Maybe check neunaber.com.

yoyo mentioned that guy awhile back in connection with a chorus. I'm seriously considering the delay but the reverb sounds good also. Plus whatever stereo effect you get can be changed into another and back as much as you feel.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 04:15:22 AM »
It's looking like the Subdecay Spring Theory or the Wampler Faux Reverb are on the radar too. For Tremolo the Fulltone or the T Rex sound great.....but man, the Flint is tempting. Cheaper than 2 separate pedals and to have both in one box.

i have tried those. the wet reverb is much better. it is also not big. the malekko omicron trem is very small and i am very happy with it.
Malekko Analog Tremolo

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 04:33:29 AM »
this is a little better demo. that andy from proguitarshop is a moron. i don't like his playing, and he uses really weird setting to demo pedals.
Malekko Trem

the malekko leaves your tone alone. and you can get it for less than a 100. the seven sisters eve is also good.

i actually wanted the seven sisters eve tremolo, but it was out of stock and i got tired of waiting.

Red Witch Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo

Red Witch Seven Sisters - Eve

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »
From what I'm reading, it seems like the guys that want to replace an outboard tank with a pedal like the Spring Theory or Wampler. I'm mainly looking for a tank type Spring verb. Old school. does the spring in the Flint do a halfway decent job?

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 06:06:14 PM »
Why not go with a Fender tank style reverb?  They're making them again, you know.
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 06:31:26 PM »
Why not go with a Fender tank style reverb?  They're making them again, you know.

Portability

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 06:34:18 PM »
It's about the size of a shoebox.

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 07:46:50 PM »

A shoebox for someone like me who wears size 12 or like my grandaughter who wears little 2" shoes?
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 08:39:26 PM »

A shoebox for someone like me who wears size 12 or like my grandaughter who wears little 2" shoes?
more like me, a size 15.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 08:55:21 PM »
But the shoes inside are NICE!

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 09:19:11 PM »
From what I'm reading, it seems like the guys that want to replace an outboard tank with a pedal like the Spring Theory or Wampler. I'm mainly looking for a tank type Spring verb. Old school. does the spring in the Flint do a halfway decent job?
all the pedal reverbs i have tried that have a spring in them sounded pretty crappy. you need to go and fins some of them to try out. buying in the blind really sucks.

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 10:20:26 PM »
all the pedal reverbs i have tried that have a spring in them sounded pretty crappy. you need to go and fins some of them to try out. buying in the blind really sucks.

Yes, it does suck but no chance of that around here. It's either sam ash or gc...and they both carry the same crap.