Author Topic: Trem/Verb Pedal  (Read 5823 times)

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Trem/Verb Pedal
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 10:29:13 PM »
What Yo says is most true.  Your ears are the only thing to trust.  You can read ads and watch demos until Hell freezes over, and it doesn't mean a whole lot.  I happen to prefer the Fender old style tank reverb.  I haven't found a trem pedal yet that I wouldn't find more use for the box it came in.  To me they just sound like they're sitting there going "Waca waca waca".  They never sound as authentic as they're supposed to.  Even the  reverb spring units that they are making today are shorter than the old Hammond unit was, and sound crappier because of it, and the old style Fender box isn't hand wired, and has an IC board, so you aren't really getting the real deal there either.  For me, pedal type reverbs sound too solid state.  I don't even use the reverb in my PA anymore because it's some kind of artificial dealio, and sounds like it.  I'm afraid I have more advice about what not to buy, and very little to offer as to what you should get.
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 10:30:17 PM »
GC carries the Fender, if they have one in stock.  For what it's worth, Yo is who I myself turn to for advice about pedals.  He's probably more informed than the lot of us put together.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 10:32:27 PM by DannyDV8 »

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
  • Thems the Blues: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 03:09:57 AM »
From what I'm reading, it seems like the guys that want to replace an outboard tank with a pedal like the Spring Theory or Wampler. I'm mainly looking for a tank type Spring verb. Old school. does the spring in the Flint do a halfway decent job?
all the pedal reverbs i have tried that have a spring in them sounded pretty crappy. you need to go and fins some of them to try out. buying in the blind really sucks.

Yes, it does suck but no chance of that around here. It's either sam ash or gc...and they both carry the same crap.

i have the hermidia reverb, i think rich has it as well, and it does a very nice spring reverb. analog dry thru as well. just one knob and 99 bucks. other than that, the wet reverb really rules.

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 05:13:52 PM »
The more I think about ...the less interested I get. I may not even like verb with this amp. Ill take some time to get to know it first.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 08:07:02 PM »
Yep, I have the Hermida reverb.  Nice reverb pedal.  Just a good basic verb.

Got the built-in digital verb on my amp fixed, so haven't been using the pedal for awhile.  And it is actually nearly as good as the Hermida.  I'm not a big verb user.  Just a subtle little bit, especially in a dry, dead, room.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 10:49:14 PM »
That's the only thing I hate about my Super Champ is the reverb.  It's tank with a tube, but the tank is only about as long as two packs of Camel cigarettes laid end to end, and it sounds like it too!

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2013, 11:21:45 PM »
Yep, I have the Hermida reverb.  Nice reverb pedal.  Just a good basic verb.

Got the built-in digital verb on my amp fixed, so haven't been using the pedal for awhile.  And it is actually nearly as good as the Hermida.  I'm not a big verb user.  Just a subtle little bit, especially in a dry, dead, room.

Exactly what I need...just something to help on gigs when it's a dry room. Honestly probably anything would work fine. It's not like I'm going to have my ear up against the speaker hearing every little nuance in a noisy bar.

Brad

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2013, 10:42:47 PM »
I ended up trying a few verb pedals and came to the conclusion that ...I hate verb pedals!
I got a way huge aqua puss delay. It does short, slapback stuff and when dialed in will get you a nice small room verb like effect. Love it ....I'm done.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2013, 11:48:11 PM »
I don't like verb pedals either, that's why I suggested the Fender tank.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
  • Thems the Blues: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2013, 02:38:37 AM »
I ended up trying a few verb pedals and came to the conclusion that ...I hate verb pedals!
I got a way huge aqua puss delay. It does short, slapback stuff and when dialed in will get you a nice small room verb like effect. Love it ....I'm done.
which ones did you try? i am surprised you didn't get the nunaber wet reverb, as you can turn it into the echo, which is their delay pedal, anyway.