Author Topic: Polar Vortex V 2.0  (Read 13476 times)

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Polar Vortex V 2.0
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 10:43:19 AM »
I'm in gatlinburg, it's in the teens and forecasting 2 " of snow today. We started our party too early yesterday we were partied out by 8 ,woke up at 3 wide awake. It's gonna be a tough day drinking that much grape juice all over again.
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 04:20:32 PM »
You WILL rebuild!
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2014, 01:25:55 PM »
Will start with SCF in excess of -30 tonight and will not get above 0 WCF until sometime Thursday Morning.

This morning was 9 when I shoveled snow, felt great and amazing.
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2014, 06:32:41 PM »
Our temps haven't been that severe, but the rollercoaster is kind of crazy.  Pretty cold all week.  Then 40s yesterday, 50s today.  Then a low of 6 tonight, with highs in the teens tomorrow. 

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 12:43:08 PM »
We got hit with about 1" of snow yesterday morning but the temps were low and it made the streets solid ice which paralyzed the entire area. Me and the wife both barely made it home in time and this am we are in single digits and will be stuck at the house another day.  I hope it warms up enough later today to make  into the vineyard for some grape juice.

I had dental surgery scheduled for 8 am in the morning. I will be cancelling that today. I was getting 6 implants which will be great fun that I will have another day.

I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 01:56:29 PM »
1" of snow..  I blew a drift that measured 38" from the driveway on Monday.  It was -16 below (The house shielded some of the wind so I won't count the WCF). 

Enjoy your tropical paradise.
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 02:04:21 PM »
1" of snow..  I blew a drift that measured 38" from the driveway on Monday.  It was -16 below (The house shielded some of the wind so I won't count the WCF). 

We are just not prepared for this type of weather.It's Chaos for those on the roads.  Here's the article. Have a chuckle at our expense. We Hillbillies so we're used to it. ahahahaha

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/jan/29/one-huge-mess-surprise-snow-storm-paralyzes/

We shut the shop down early and my son was the last to leave as he was waiting on his girl to get there to make sure  she go home safely. It took them 4 hours to travel about 8 miles.

Blueshonky  2013

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 03:35:24 PM »

We are just not prepared for this type of weather.It's Chaos for those on the roads.  Here's the article. Have a chuckle at our expense. We Hillbillies so we're used to it. ahahahaha

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/jan/29/one-huge-mess-surprise-snow-storm-paralyzes/

We shut the shop down early and my son was the last to leave as he was waiting on his girl to get there to make sure  she go home safely. It took them 4 hours to travel about 8 miles.

I guess the forecaster/weather-guessers got this one pretty wrong, as far as the path-- how much snow ended up where.  We get enough snow here that 1" is kind of a yawn. 

The rollercoaster continues here.  One day single digit lows, teens for the highs.  Then 40s/50s.  Then back to the deep freeze.  My wife and I were talking this morning about how we have been inclined to cut out every unnecessary trip outside.  Ready to hibernate till Spring.

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2014, 12:46:26 PM »
 3 deg @7 am.  thankfully its over for us today and back to above freezing #'s

Blueshonky  2013

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2014, 03:38:28 PM »
Man, I guess its not over for us yet!  We got over an inch of ice starting at rush hour last night, and especially overnight.  Can't just plow this stuff, and it is treacherous.  In the 7 day forecast, the high Sunday is supposed to be 33.  Other than that, its is mostly teens for highs and single digits/negative lows.

Luckily didn't have a gig last night.  Most venues cancelled last night, anyway.  And if they didn't, they were empty.

C'mon spring!!!

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2014, 04:12:51 PM »
We're great at the moment but some are saying we could get the big snow later this week. I hope not !

Blueshonky  2013

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2014, 05:44:43 PM »
The local news stations talked for three days about the rain we were going to get.  We picked up about 100th of an inch!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 01:38:14 AM by DannyDV8 »
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2014, 11:50:49 PM »
he local news stations talked for three days about the rain we were going to get.  We picked up about 100th of an inch!

I hear ya there.   We were supposed to get some serious snow and we only got 4".  They were talking 6-8 earlier.  Oh well, here's hopin.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2014, 06:08:43 PM »
he local news stations talked for three days about the rain we were going to get.  We picked up about 100th of an inch!

I hear ya there.   We were supposed to get some serious snow and we only got 4".  They were talking 6-8 earlier.  Oh well, here's hopin.

I stick with the National Weather-guessing Service forecast, and Wunderground, which I believe is based on the NWS forecast.  The TV guys get carried away trying to out-hype each other.

We were supposed to get up to 33 today, but they revised it to only 22.  We aren't going to be above freeze for at least a week.  More snow, and below zero temps.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
  • Thems the Blues: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2014, 07:04:19 AM »
it rained here for a couple of day, and it is freezing cold now. down to 50 at night and only 70-72 during the day. ouch.