Author Topic: Polar Vortex V 2.0  (Read 13133 times)

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Polar Vortex V 2.0
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 08:18:27 AM »
The rain didn't make it this far inland.
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2014, 01:55:33 PM »
Well, we are supposed to have our weekly storm of the century today.   Many businesses closed in advance yesterday.  Forecasting 6-10" of snow.  My workplace closed, but it is a telework day for me, and I am still expected to telework.  (Small price to pay working from home 3 days out of the week!)

The skeptic/cynic in me thinks that they are going way overboard hyping this storm.  We will see.  As long as the utilities stay on, I can be homebound for several days with no worries.

Snow is falling on top of ice that was already on the streets from the last storm.  Ice had melted off busier streets but still on side streets and driveways.  I have two back doors, both go onto decks.  The decks are solid ice.  So, the dogs toilet trips are getting rerouted through the walkout basement for the foreseeable future.

I've had enough of this crap!  C'mon Spring!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2014, 02:48:49 PM »
it rained here for a couple of day, and it is freezing cold now. down to 50 at night and only 70-72 during the day. ouch.

Dude, how you surviving the freeze.  Feel so sorry for ya.  Maybe I can send over BH's wife's fox stole to keep you warm.
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2014, 03:33:43 PM »
it rained here for a couple of day, and it is freezing cold now. down to 50 at night and only 70-72 during the day. ouch.

Dude, how you surviving the freeze.  Feel so sorry for ya.

They just wear socks with their sandals ahahahaha
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

chuckinator5k

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 01:59:58 PM »
Negative 15 this morning. Hey, it's starting to warm up!  :blink:

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 02:16:17 PM »
Negative 15 this morning. Hey, it's starting to warm up!  :blink:

Glad to see you starting to thaw a little.

That's coming our way.  Got open mic tonight and should be -5 and load out time, just enough to freeze putting stuff away.  In the morrow somewhere between -20 and -30 WCF to start the day of right!
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 02:37:52 PM »
Some brutal temps, Ken!    The weather guys got this one right.  We got dumped on.  Total of 10-12"  Put a new drive belt on my little snowblower, and it is working like a beast!  Very dry, powdery snow.  Great for the snowblower.  Cleaned the driveway twice yesterday.  And there was a fresh 6" or so this morning to knock out.

The snowstorm was ahead of a cold front.  Cold front swept through last night and the sky is now clear, but cold.  We are at +5 at 7am this morning, expecting lows of -2 for the next couple days.  Highs in the teens.  No warm up in sight.

:'(

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2014, 03:13:45 AM »
Can't wait for this freezing hell to be over.  Mild snow fall today of 3.2 inches.  I have to get a few pics of the snow for y'all.  Most of the mail boxes in our neighborhood are under the drifts.  There are a few in the country that are 16-18 feet. 

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2014, 05:26:22 AM »
I drove out to the desert today, Palm Springs, I had to roll the windows up about half way home.  Oh, the humanity!!!
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2014, 01:57:30 PM »
I drove out to the desert today, Palm Springs, I had to roll the windows up about half way home.  Oh, the humanity!!!

No freakin way!   Dude, please don't let yourself get hypothermic!

chuckinator5k

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2014, 03:19:22 PM »
- 10. I was right, it's warming up!  :brow:

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2014, 02:27:48 AM »
- 10. I was right, it's warming up!  :brow:

looking at possible -30 again by daybreak.  This has been the funnest winter in a long time. or the froziest.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
  • Thems the Blues: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2014, 02:33:12 AM »
hitting hard here too. raining and only got up to 64 today. gonna be as low as 50 during the night. i am pulling out the heavy winter clothes.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2014, 02:20:26 PM »
You CA guys are killing me.   It is 5 here this morning.

Forecasted to finally get above freezing tomorrow at a balmy 34!!!  I think we may go on a picnic.  Then back to the deep freeze of single digit lows and teen highs.

The only bright spot--  Since I've been burning some extra calories doing snow removal, been enjoying some good savory cold weather food.  Biscuits and sausage gravy, Chili, Potato Soup w/bacon, Chicken and Dumplings.  And the occasional Hot Toddy or Hot Buttered Rum.

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2014, 02:25:35 PM »
34 sounds like a freakin sauna.  -9 without WCF on the way to work.  the weather channel said -22 with WCF, so we missed the deep freeze by a little.  Glad you guys in cali are experiencing this vortex too.