Author Topic: if you ever watch animal planet, please reconsider  (Read 7558 times)

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
  • Thems the Blues: +8/-0
    • View Profile
if you ever watch animal planet, please reconsider
« on: January 30, 2014, 08:07:53 AM »
at first look i though bh had a tv show, but i realized he is not this evil.

Did Animal Planet Mistreat Its Stars to Fake Reality Drama?

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: if you ever watch animal planet, please reconsider
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 01:36:07 PM »
Presently, my kitties are in the garage with an electric heater. But today is back to nature for them. They prefer outside.
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

chuckinator5k

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 01:54:24 PM »
Reality TV is nothing like reality. I quit watching after about 5 shows but I sure won't watch any more.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 02:31:43 PM »
Reality TV is nothing like reality. I quit watching after about 5 shows but I sure won't watch any more.

"Reality" TV is anything but reality.  They are all contrived and set up.  I doesn't surprise me a bit that animal welfare takes a back seat to the production

The first "reality" program I can remember was "That's Incredible" (aka, That's Incredibly Stupid).  Back in the day, I wrote a song about it.

If I blow myself away
in a photogenic way
would you say
that I'm incredible.

I'll risk dismemberment and pain
for a little claim to fame
if you'll say
that I'm incredible.

I'll be incredible, right there on TV
I'll be incredble, and get to talk to Cathy Lee

etc.

chuckinator5k

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 07:06:18 PM »

"Reality" TV is anything but reality.  They are all contrived and set up.  I doesn't surprise me a bit that animal welfare takes a back seat to the production

The first "reality" program I can remember was "That's Incredible" (aka, That's Incredibly Stupid).  Back in the day, I wrote a song about it.

If I blow myself away
in a photogenic way
would you say
that I'm incredible.

if you'll say
that I'm incredible.

etc.

:D   My Grandma was on that show! The incredible stunt she performed was having a girl as her first born. And that girl eventually had a girl as her first born. Etc., 6 times. 6 generations of all girls. Fran Tarkington introduced the thing, nobody famous was there for the filming. I was trying to get on camera mouthing the words, "I hope all you stupid f*cking lip readers are looking in!" (an old George Carlin joke) I didn't make it on camera.  ;D

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 10:01:30 PM »

If I blow myself away
in a photogenic way
would you say
that I'm incredible.

if you'll say
that I'm incredible.

etc.

:D   My Grandma was on that show! The incredible stunt she performed was having a girl as her first born. And that girl eventually had a girl as her first born. Etc., 6 times. 6 generations of all girls. Fran Tarkington introduced the thing, nobody famous was there for the filming. I was trying to get on camera mouthing the words, "I hope all you stupid f*cking lip readers are looking in!" (an old George Carlin joke) I didn't make it on camera.  ;D

That's Incredible!   :yay!:

She didn't get to meet Kathy Lee, or Super Dave?

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 10:01:39 AM »
Presently, my kitties are in the garage with an electric heater. But today is back to nature for them. They prefer outside.
what does that have to do with anything? did you watch the video? the only resemblance is looks bh.

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 12:49:18 PM »
what does that have to do with anything? did you watch the video? the only resemblance is looks bh.

I didn't watch it. I was just saying I don't mistreat my animals
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

chuckinator5k

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 03:09:37 PM »

If I blow myself away
in a photogenic way
would you say
that I'm incredible.

if you'll say
that I'm incredible.

etc.

That's Incredible!   :yay!:

She didn't get to meet Kathy Lee, or Super Dave?

Nope, they just sent a crew to the nursing home where she was staying. She actually passed away before the show aired, which kind of sucked. But they did mention that she had passed and offered condolences.  :blink:

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 07:07:50 PM »
The Animal Planet show is made by and for idiots.  Aint havin' it.  I watched it once part way through, it sucked.  Maybe one of the critters will turn on Homeboy and give him his due.
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 07:41:04 PM »

I didn't watch it. I was just saying I don't mistreat my animals
that was my point bh. you are not evil. in your ignorant hillbilly way you care about your animals. and i appreciate that. you just look like turtleman. or turtleman's dad more accurately.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 10:10:28 PM »
bh, get a k&h extreme weather kitty pad. mount it under shelter in a higher pace so they are safe, and they can keep warm anytime. it stays on at a lower temp, and when they lay on it, it warms up to match their body temperature. safe indoor and outdoor, just don't put it in direct rain or snow. the cord is covered in a spring steel outer layer, so nothing can chew it up. i just got one for the 19 year old cat i pulled from the shelter on monday. it is big enough for 2 cats.

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 12:00:07 AM »
That way they can mate in comfort, and who doesn't like that?   :yay!:
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

fsr

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 05:58:16 AM »
Animal Planet is not on a watch list for me - is that cable? Which I don't have anyway.

I buy the seasons of Deadliest Catch as they come out - that's about it for me where wildlife is concerned.

I kill bugs, sometimes rattlesnakes, I leave the rest alone.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 07:06:27 AM »
That way they can mate in comfort, and who doesn't like that?   :yay!:
of course they should be fixed.