Author Topic: Polar Vortex V 3.0  (Read 7018 times)

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
Polar Vortex V 3.0
« on: February 17, 2014, 02:02:52 PM »
It's not done yet, 5 to 8 inches forecast for today.

That's snow, for clarification.
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Polar Vortex V 3.0
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 02:45:23 PM »
Relentless!    :no:

Well, we are getting a little "relent" this week.  Forecasted to be 51 today.  50s most of the week!!!  Much of the snow depth has melted away, we'll start seeing some bare ground soon.

chuckinator5k

• Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 01:52:32 AM »
Been real nice but windy the last few days...   bout time. I've been getting cabin fever!

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 01:56:24 AM »
Got into the mid 50s today.  I took a sleeping bag out and caught a nice outdoor nap in a lounge on the deck.  Then grilled hamburgers for dinner.  I am done with Winter.

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 01:33:34 PM »
I measured 6.2 although official was 5.5 at the airport 2 miles away.  Crazy with that much snow now nothing even slowed down. going to get above freezing for the second time this month, and then later this week freezing rain with accumulation of ice on the roads.  Of course, that would be the day I took off work...
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 03:11:56 PM »
I measured 6.2 although official was 5.5 at the airport 2 miles away.  Crazy with that much snow now nothing even slowed down. going to get above freezing for the second time this month, and then later this week freezing rain with accumulation of ice on the roads.  Of course, that would be the day I took off work...

Hope Spring makes it your way soon!  We are headed to 67 degrees today.  It will cool back off to the 50s and 40s later on, but its looking like Spring (thin layer of snow left and growing bare spots.)  I am ready to plan a garden and scope out some Morel hunting spots!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 04:40:16 PM »
No worries, temps back to normal of -10 WCF (0 actual temps) by next Monday AM.  Great weather!  The warm up we are having right now feels great.  Was 18 on my drive into work. 

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 08:23:07 PM »
We're presently at 63 degrees and the sun is shining. Barring a freak weather system the cold cold weather is over for us ,next comes the spring rains.
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 06:03:30 PM »
The freezing rain is starting to scare people.  One of the local hospitals has closed their clinic and canceled all non-emergent procedures for tomorrow. 

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 08:00:22 PM »
The freezing rain is starting to scare people.  One of the local hospitals has closed their clinic and canceled all non-emergent procedures for tomorrow.

I'll take snow over ice, any day!    Be safe.

fsr

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 02:34:07 AM »
Been real nice but windy the last few days...   bout time. I've been getting cabin fever!
Chuckster! We had some nice days! getting a little cooler but not near so bad.

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 04:24:27 AM »
I'll take 90 degree summer days and the occaisional eathquake over any of the crap you guys have been going through.
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 01:48:38 PM »
Well, didn't necessarily get freezing rain, but rain covered in snow = 3" of slush on the road which is pretty comparable to ice.   Nobody really driving faster that 25mph on any road. 

but, made it to work, and it will warm up this afternoon to about 40, which will melt all the snow in time for more snow tonight and sub zero temps next week.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 03:57:10 PM »
Well, didn't necessarily get freezing rain, but rain covered in snow = 3" of slush on the road which is pretty comparable to ice.   Nobody really driving faster that 25mph on any road. 

but, made it to work, and it will warm up this afternoon to about 40, which will melt all the snow in time for more snow tonight and sub zero temps next week.

We had a thunderstorm last night.  That makes it seem slightly spring-like, anyway.  Cooling back off, and we are supposed to get some rain and snow mix, with temps above freezing:  Recipe for Road Slushies.   Forecast is for more cold weather and some more snow over the next week.  Just when I was getting past feeling like I needed to hibernate.

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 05:12:26 PM »
It was so nice around here yesterday, me and the wife packed and drove 60 miles south to one of our favorite 1 day vacation spots got a room next to the bar took the wife shopping and then partied into the night.

We are now facing severe storms this evening . Conditions are right and tornadoes could pop up at anytime
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013