Author Topic: Polar Vortex V 3.0  (Read 13570 times)

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Polar Vortex V 3.0
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2014, 09:32:55 PM »
Im looking forward to Branson. My sons future father n law Im guessing late 60's early 70's had handled didtrubution for guys all the way back to Conway and Merle , George Straight and the last major talent was Blake Shelton.

They were originally from LA then the label sent him to Nashville, then when I tunes started letting you buy the single for a buck without buying the album. The money left. His age and being a fat cat on the payroll the business decision was , we're sorry but.

He moved to Branson and is handling live acts.

Have you been there before?

Never been to MO
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2014, 10:00:14 PM »
  The 76 strip is pretty much a hillbilly themed tourist trap.  A lot of entertainers have shows and restaurants.  Silver Dollar City and Marvel Cave are pretty cool, if the weather is good.   The "downtown Branson" area is very different from the strip.

I've been going there occasionally since the mid 1960s.   My wife and I, plus 2 other couples had weekend trip down there last year.  Rental houses are a good deal in the off season.

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2014, 02:16:47 AM »
  The 76 strip is pretty much a hillbilly themed tourist trap.  A lot of entertainers have shows and restaurants.  Silver Dollar City and Marvel Cave are pretty cool, if the weather is good.   The "downtown Branson" area is very different from the strip.

I've been going there occasionally since the mid 1960s.   My wife and I, plus 2 other couples had weekend trip down there last year.  Rental houses are a good deal in the off season.

My wife made reservations @ the Big Cedar Lodge. I'm just showin up and getting stuck with the bill
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2014, 01:50:43 PM »
WCF was -22 with an actual temp -2.  Really not slowing me down anymore.   March is 2 days away!
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2014, 04:22:16 PM »
Big Cedar Lodge is a nice place, on Tablerock Lake.  Near SDC.

My wife made reservations @ the Big Cedar Lodge. I'm just showin up and getting stuck with the bill

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2014, 02:20:07 PM »
Glad March is here.  We had a definite warm up to an actual temperature of -6 with WCF of -15.   

Predicted to get above 32 on Friday just in time for a chance of freezing rain! 
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2014, 04:20:06 PM »
Glad March is here.  We had a definite warm up to an actual temperature of -6 with WCF of -15.   

Predicted to get above 32 on Friday just in time for a chance of freezing rain!

Man, I can't top that, but it is plenty cold here.  Low last night of -3, currently at 0.  We just got a fresh coat of ice and snow.  The weather guessers were way off on this one.  They kept predicting snowfalls of 6" per day for two days; then backed it down to 5-8" total.  Cancellations were flying; bars cancelled bands left and right over the weekend.  Ended up getting about an inch of ice, and an inch of snow.   And bitter cold with high winds came in behind it.   Bad enough, but the weather guessers ended up looking like the chicken-littles that they are.

Gradual warm up with more snow and snow/rain mix through the week.  We are supposed to hit 50 by Friday!

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2014, 07:41:54 PM »
We were 70 deg yesterday and 32 at the present 2:30 pm . We're are on the edge of the coming Ice storm and hopefully we will dodge the bullet.

Blueshonky  2013

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2014, 07:43:53 PM »
It actually rained here for a few days, now it's back to Sonny and Cher.
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

fsr

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2014, 12:51:10 AM »
I'm down in Houston - freezing rain tomorrow morning.

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2014, 02:07:05 AM »
You guys hang in there, summer will be here at some point.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2014, 07:20:16 AM »
Summer is the rough season where I live!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2014, 09:16:55 PM »
Going to get below zero again Tommorow night.  That will pack them in for the open mic.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2014, 09:27:05 PM »
If I were in that kind of weather I'd never leave the house!

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2014, 11:11:46 PM »
You inz can say what you wish about hillbillies but, we do know about acceptable living conditions.

Any place that's that GD hot and dry or that GD cold and wet. I'm gone ! 

One word, Tennessee !

Blueshonky  2013