Author Topic: Knuckleheads Saturday Jam 10 year anniversary  (Read 1892 times)

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Knuckleheads Saturday Jam 10 year anniversary
« on: March 23, 2014, 05:47:57 PM »
Knux celebrated the 10 year anniversary of the Saturday Jam.  Frank (the owner) put on a BBQ feed for all us regulars.  Lunch at noon, group pic at 1, then the jam was on.  I counted about 50 people in the pic.  And lots didn't get the info about lunch and photo shoot being before the jam (usually 1:30 start).  Probably another 30-40 jammers showed up after the pic!

I did one jam set (and a second in the gospel lounge acoustic jam).  There we so many jammers, they set up 3 guitar amps, and had 3 guitars every set.  A guy brought in is Hammond and Leslie; in addition to the house keyboard; so 2 keyboards every set.  Plus harp and horns, every set.  I think the average lineup was about 12 people.  And it all came together perfectly!

Pretty overwhelming how many friendships and bands have been built from interactions at that jam!

Here is the group pic (I am with the other short guys on the stage, center.)  Pic was taken on the outdoor stage, jam was on the indoor stage.

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
Re: Knuckleheads Saturday Jam 10 year anniversary
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 01:14:36 PM »
That sounds pretty darn cool.  It's cool when musicians can take a step forward and collaborate.  The gal with the blue hair matches all the guys with blue on. 
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 04:43:41 PM »
That sounds pretty darn cool.  It's cool when musicians can take a step forward and collaborate.  The gal with the blue hair matches all the guys with blue on.

The girl with the blue hair is Amanda Wish; sister of up-and-comer Samantha Fish.  (Believe it or not, Amanda Fish, married a guy named Larsen Wish, so her last name went from Fish to Wish.)  Amanda runs an acoustic jam in the Gospel lounge on Saturdays.  Samantha is touring most of the time these days; but when she is in town, she comes by her sister's jam to help generate interest.

Also good to see Frank, the owner, provide food and drink for the jammers!

In my set, I got to front the Little Feat tune, Spanish Moon, with a 12 piece band.  It was a blast.  Trying to get everyone a solo as a pain-- I skipped one guy.  And because the stage was so packed, every time I nodded at someone (for a solo), three guys thought I was nodding at them. 

I saw two video cameras running by the mixer. If I get ahold of the video, I'll post some.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 01:15:52 PM »
Found a picture of my set on FB.

There are two more guitarists behind the horns.  Hammond/Leslie on the far left is obscured by the accordion guy.