Author Topic: Gibson memory cable  (Read 1882 times)

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Gibson memory cable
« on: May 13, 2014, 11:47:13 PM »
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
Re: Gibson memory cable
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 12:19:12 AM »
Or you can get a small portable recorder.
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 02:48:28 PM »
To me, looks like a solution in search of a problem.

Looks problematic.  Extra weight hanging on your guitar jack/cable.  Just records dry, direct, guitar signal.  I suppose you could run it through a virtual amp after uploading.  If it could do playback, you could playback through your amp/rig.  But it doesn't do playback, so you have to upload to a computer; then you could 're-amp' the dry guitar signal and record it from the amp.

Using the 'track' to build on, for a full song, seems like "never gonna happen".  If you played this great thing once, and captured it because you are unable to repeat it-- then you need to woodshed till you can.

Portable flash recorders are so cheap and easy, I can see any reason to do this.  I use my flash recorder to capture those ideas.

C'mon Gibson, lets focus on making good and affordable guitars. 

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 02:54:23 PM »

Portable flash recorders are so cheap and easy, I can see any reason to do this.  I use my flash recorder to capture those ideas.

C'mon Gibson, lets focus on making good and affordable guitars.

ooh now there's a good challenge!
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 03:35:17 PM »
Now you're thinking outside of the box!
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 08:01:41 PM »
The more I think about this thing, the more it vexes my spirit.  If you could take the cord, plug it into the desired effects, and directly into a recording device, it might make some sense.  As it is, it's just one more thing to screw up in a line of things that can screw up at any given time, for more reasons than carter's got pills.  As it is, I have a re-occuring anxiety dream about showing up to a gig, and the baffle board that the speaker to the amp is mounted to is broken.  I run home and get a skill saw, a keyhole saw and a piece of plywood, haul ass back to the bar, fix the baffle board, re-mount the speaker, go to fire up, and the mic cable isn't working, and I don't have a spare.  Then it's a screwed up guitar cord, and on and on, while all the time some stupid cocktail waitress who thinks she's my boss keeps coming up and bugging me, telling me the owner wants to know when we're going to start.  As far as I can tell, adding this P.O.S to your rig is just asking for one more thing to go wrong, and there's nothing right about it.  This is what happens when you give jobs to all your family members.....
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!