Author Topic: Private Party Tonight  (Read 1506 times)

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Private Party Tonight
« on: May 24, 2014, 10:43:08 PM »
It's here in town, up by the Ramona Bowl, home of the world famous Ramona Pagent, the area I refer to as "Pill Hill" as all the doctors in town live up there.  It's outside, so I'm taking a bigger amp than usual, and it should be a pretty good one.  Sound system and all that good stuff, so it should be an easy run.
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Private Party Tonight
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 05:05:51 PM »
This one went nicely.  I used a Strat for the first half of the gig, but wasn't really happy with my tone as we were playing outside and it sounded kind of thin, so I switched over to my Tele and started getting really killer tone.  I haven't been able to use my Les Paul in quite a while because I'm having a lot of issues with my back and the weight factor has just been playing Hell with me, but normally it's the guitar I'd go to in an outside venue.  A lot of the guys there were aspiring Blues players,, so surprisingly  most of the requests we got were right off our playlist.  A lot of people there had our CDs, so we had a lot of requests for stuff off the albums!  All in all everybody had a pretty good time!
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 03:48:16 PM »
Cool.  No gigs for may, 1 for June and looks like the fall might be a crazy time.  Keep on makin it smoke!
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 07:47:18 PM »
A gig for this Friday just fell from the sky.  Next weekend I've got two gigs with Laura.  A Thursday gig June 12.  A gig at a lake resort June 20, and it looks like I'm getting 2-3 more lake gigs(July/Aug).   Playing a county fair in western Kansas with Laura, in July.  Almost as busy as I want to be, for now.

We've (Raildog) been gradually getting a new demo done.   We are have a nice 'studio live' setup at rehearsal. 

Kind of hard hustling gigs with no current audio, video, pictures.  Bookers who don't know me/my band, want to see vids, and ask where we've been playing.  Tough to re-establish the momentum.   And I'm turning down the cheesy exposure gigs.