Author Topic: Had us a good one Friday night.  (Read 1882 times)

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Had us a good one Friday night.
« on: June 02, 2014, 06:20:17 PM »
Picked up a short notice gig at The Frog Pond Friday.   We have been focusing on recording a gig-getting demo of covers.  Haven't touched most of our repertoire in a few weeks, except for 5 or 6 tunes we've recorded over the last couple of weekly rehearsals.   

Stretched tunes out, so that we could skip anything that may have gotten rusty.  Only intentionally skipped one tune, Still Got The Blues.  Skipped it because we haven't worked the breaks out with our new drummer.  Pulled a couple things out of the air, for requests.

Good crowd through most of the night.  Thinned out a little toward the end, but that is pretty normal.

As near to a clam-free night as I've ever been!   Everyone else was really 'on', too; and the stage communication/anticipation was really clicking.  Everyone happy at the end of the night. 
We (Raildog) have a lake gig (at pomme de terre lake) June 20.   (Got to go hustle some gigs!)

This coming weekend, I 've got two gigs with Laura Lisbeth Band.  Friday is a dinner deal, in Excelsior Springs, MO; with a pre-dinner and post-dinner sets-- Laura doing a storyteller thing, talking about her songs.  We get to eat with everyone else.   Then Saturday, we are playing at the Westport Saloon.  Westport is a major entertainment district here, so its always cool to play there.  A younger crowd than we usually get.   Went over real well last time we played there.   

Turning out to be a busy summer.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Had us a good one Friday night.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 02:15:14 PM »
Two good ones with Laura Lisbeth band this weekend.

Friday was a "behind the songs", singer/songwriter deal.  Laura telling about each song.  It was at a place called Willow Springs Merchantile, in Excelsior Springs, MO.  Very old building, event was in the basement.  Low ceiling, stone walls, and racks of wine bottles everywhere.   All hard surfaces and fairly small room, so we were very diligent about keeping volume down.  I turned my amp around toward the wall behind me, and it was perfect (not miked).

A social hour/cocktail hour/meet-greet at 6pm.
4 songs.
Salads
30 minute set
Dinner
30 minute set (desserts came out)
Packing up by 10.

Saturday night, at The Matchbox.  We are in regular rotation here.  A high school reunion group had the place filled when we started.  We kept most of them.  Waitstaff was slammed all night.  A good night for all!   An 8:30 - 11:30 gig, so still getting home before 9-1 guys are playing their last song.

We (the LL band) are playing some kind of weeknight deal at a place called The Red Door, Thursday night.

Nothing for the weekend, then my Raildog band has a gig at Lake Pomme De Terre 6/20.

The gear-kitty is smiling.