Author Topic: Idylwild Jazz In The Pines 2014  (Read 1783 times)

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Idylwild Jazz In The Pines 2014
« on: June 14, 2014, 08:39:03 PM »
We weren't going to do it this year in as much as they have a new guy booking it, and his big vision was to not use any of the acts frrom last years show.  The leader of one of the bands that was supposed to play in the French Quarter died, and so they asked if we'd take their slot on August 17th, so we'll be doing the festival after all.  This one's always a hoot, so I'm happy to be doing it again, but it's too bad someone had to die for it to happen............I guess.  :yay!:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 08:41:32 PM by DannyDV8 »
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
Re: Idylwild Jazz In The Pines 2014
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 12:00:26 PM »
Always a bummer to get something because someone croaked.  But a gig is a gig as they say. 
make it :smoke:
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Idylwild Jazz In The Pines 2014
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 04:08:41 PM »
Actually, it is a bumer, I was just kidding about "I guess".  Two of the guys I've played up there with have passed away in the last couple of years, Johnny Neil, and Joe Vegas.  Both worked with the Blues Crackers, and I performed up there, and other places with Johnny Neil and the Bluesprint.
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!