Author Topic: opinions / advice on Behringer stuff for recording to laptop/PC?  (Read 1713 times)

Red Lester

• Full BAB Member
  • Thems the Blues: +0/-0
  • Nobody sits on a rolling stone.
    • View Profile
    • My first music video
Anyone have opinions or advice on the following options (for vocal & guitar) ? Thanks.

Behringer UCG102 Guitar Link USB Audio Interface, 1/4 inch to USB ($40 US)

Behringer U-PHORIA UMC22 is an audiophile 2x2 USB audio interface with a MIDAS mic preamplifier. ($80 US)

Behringer U-PHORIA UMC202 like UMC22 above but each input has pre-amp. ($120 US)

Behringer U-PHORIA UMC202HD (might also be known as UMC204) 2x2 USB Audio/MIDI Interface ($100 US)

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: opinions / advice on Behringer stuff for recording to laptop/PC?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 01:39:40 AM »
I have an M-audio 2 channel interface with phantom power which includes a piece of multi track software. I think an enconomy version of pro tools. 35 bucks for my troubles. I bought it from juju at this site a few years back just to try before I went totally digital and spent much more.
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

Red Lester

• Full BAB Member
  • Thems the Blues: +0/-0
  • Nobody sits on a rolling stone.
    • View Profile
    • My first music video
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 03:32:47 PM »
Thanks for the tip BH.

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 12:47:59 AM »
Thanks for the tip BH.

Not a tip,it was an offer to sell.
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 03:00:21 AM »
If you are miking up a guitar amp/cab, then you probably don't need the 1/4 to usb guitar interface.  Unless you prefer to go direct.

No experience with those particular interfaces.  I have owned a behringer board that has worked great, for years.  Probably good basic, entry level gear.  Check out reviews of the gear?