Author Topic: Mother of mercy! Is this the end of Little Ceasar?  (Read 11714 times)

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Mother of mercy! Is this the end of Little Ceasar?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 04:39:55 PM »
Michael wasn't saying that GC in general nailed it over the Holidays, just that the Murrietta store did.  They were hoping to do a half Mil. and they beat that by another fifty thou.  Yes, you are right, it's the loans that are due.  Perhaps the sale of the century is just around the corner!
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 06:52:00 PM »
Michael wasn't saying that GC in general nailed it over the Holidays, just that the Murrietta store did.  They were hoping to do a half Mil. and they beat that by another fifty thou.  Yes, you are right, it's the loans that are due.  Perhaps the sale of the century is just around the corner!

Yep.. Saving up a little to have some flexible spendable cash. 
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 08:19:54 PM »
I'm tapped, but Mike's store has a Johnny Winter style Firebird that's been sitting around for over a year that I'm gassin' for really bad!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 08:20:52 PM »
I'm tapped, but Mike's store has a Johnny Winter style Firebird that's been sitting around for over a year that I'm gassin' for really bad!

They had one limited custom shop at Randees. Sweet guitar.  7 or 8 grand if I remember. 
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015, 10:04:17 PM »

They had one limited custom shop at Randees. Sweet guitar.  7 or 8 grand if I remember.

Find one used ! Always be sure to be able to recoup your original investment. I got some really nice excellent shape upper end guitars and I'm not upside down in any of them.

My only new guitar was the Blueberry Groove Grand Concert. It sells for 2450.00 . I talked the owner of the company down to 1150.00

Im a f'n Jew. ahaha  My son sais dad you paid too much. I could have bought that cheaper. Apple don't fall far from the tree.

They say i'm gettin soft in my old age. I busted and fired 2 thieves in my company in the past 6 months and they were workin with them everyday. I'm only comin in  on payday with the checks.

I tell them, when they tell me I need to come in help out for awhile. I say don't be gone too long. I'll get rid of all these sorry MF's and yawl be short handed. ahahaha.

I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 01:00:23 AM »
Not to skew off into left field. i been sittin here watchin a movie on netflix called The Newton Boys.

I highly reccommend it. It'a true story. If you watch it, watch it to the very end.
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 01:32:12 PM »
http://www.rejournals.com/2015/02/20/block-company-sells-guitar-center-in-missouri/

"Block & Company, Inc., Realtors recently sold a Guitar Center in Independence, Mo., to a private 1031 Exchange buyer at a 7.2 percent CAP rate. The 15,418 square-foot building is located at 3911 Bolger Road on the northwest quadrant of I-70 and 291 Highway in Independence. This freestanding building sits at the only entrance drive to Walmart Supercenter, Petsmart and Sam’s Club, and is across the street from Independence Center Mall, Bass Pro Shop, Target, Macy’s, Sears, Costco, Lowe’s, Dillards, JC Penney, Dick’s Sporting Goods and many others. David M. Block, Max Kosoglad and John Cobb of Block & Company, Inc., Realtors negotiated this sale transaction. - See more at: http://www.rejournals.com/2015/02/20/block-company-sells-guitar-center-in-missouri/#sthash.jF69V40R.dpuf"

GC lists as an active store.  If they had a buyer they must have had a seller

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 01:46:07 PM »
I saw a rumor they informed manager staff that they are selling early this morning.

just a rumor or a tumor removed... (new song title)

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2015, 02:52:59 PM »
Perhaps they're thinking that if they sell off a few of the slower moving stores that they can pay their creditors and stay in business?  It does sound like that particular store had an ideal location, however. You would think that if people had to drive by that particular store to get to Walmart and Sam's Club that it couldn't get any better than that!  Who knows, maybe Walmart will become the Walmart of music stores!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 03:22:07 PM »
Perhaps they're thinking that if they sell off a few of the slower moving stores that they can pay their creditors and stay in business?  It does sound like that particular store had an ideal location, however. You would think that if people had to drive by that particular store to get to Walmart and Sam's Club that it couldn't get any better than that!  Who knows, maybe Walmart will become the Walmart of music stores!

Yeah, that is a dump store.  Crime rate is very high in that area.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2015, 03:54:55 PM »
They probably figure it's better to loose the store and have some money to lay on the creditors.  Realistically if they sold half of their stores they would probably see a larger profit margin just by cutting down operating costs.  Probably the fattest they ever were was when they had one store in San Francisco and one in Hollywood.  I can promise you, the deals were a lot sweeter back then!  If you walked into the store with cash money they'd bend over backwards to get you what you wanted.  I couldn't stay away from the place!  In San Francisco there was a hot music store right next door and they'd play cut throat with each other all day long!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2015, 04:04:24 PM »
I think we'll know here in a few weeks whether this is an outlier or not.   I would think of all the GC's I have been in that the Rockford store does well but Madison will be on the chopping block quick. 

This is what the madison store is like:

Times Square Guitar Center

Not a helpful or knowledgeable staff member in the place.   Last time I wanted to do a trade they wanted to give me $450 for a Custom Shop Gibson because they found someone who sold one for $900 on ebay.  Nevermind the ebay one had a cracked neck with repair..

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2015, 04:33:10 PM »
The Murrietta store used to be like that, with a bunch of pimply faced guys that were working at Jack In The Box a week earlier, and a bunch of teenaged girls that had never worked a day in their life.   They wanted to bury you on trade ins.  Something happened and all of a sudden they had a knowledgeable staff, a couple of hot repair guys, and they started playing ball a little bit better and getting their haggling skills together.  Of course they still have corporate constraints thank to Banal Capital, but overall it's a much better store than it used to be.  There are still a couple of guys there that ought to be used car salesmen, but for the most part the employee4s are real guy musicians.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2015, 06:23:38 PM »
http://www.rejournals.com/2015/02/20/block-company-sells-guitar-center-in-missouri/

"Block & Company, Inc., Realtors recently sold a Guitar Center in Independence, Mo., to a private 1031 Exchange buyer at a 7.2 percent CAP rate. The 15,418 square-foot building is located at 3911 Bolger Road on the northwest quadrant of I-70 and 291 Highway in Independence. This freestanding building sits at the only entrance drive to Walmart Supercenter, Petsmart and Sam’s Club, and is across the street from Independence Center Mall, Bass Pro Shop, Target, Macy’s, Sears, Costco, Lowe’s, Dillards, JC Penney, Dick’s Sporting Goods and many others. David M. Block, Max Kosoglad and John Cobb of Block & Company, Inc., Realtors negotiated this sale transaction. - See more at: http://www.rejournals.com/2015/02/20/block-company-sells-guitar-center-in-missouri/#sthash.jF69V40R.dpuf"

GC lists as an active store.  If they had a buyer they must have had a seller

Hadn't heard this yet.  There are/were 2 GCs in the Kansas City area.  The other one is in Overland Park, KS, about 3 miles from me.  I guess between the two, the OP store is spared.   The OP store is in a more affluent area, than the Independence store.  But the Independence store was close to a lot of people.  Hopefully that will give some market share back to the mom and pops.

As far as 'high crime' area, it is in the middle of a commercial corridor with a mall, Bass Pro Shop, etc.   I wouldn't hesitate to go there, and have been there several times.  Most of the nearby area is working class, middle class.  But, Independence has reputation for meth labs, and the garbage that flows from them.

A friend of mine did recover some of his stolen gear at that store.  Their band had a break in at their rehearsal studio.  Took amps and PA gear.  Found some of the gear at the Independence GC under consignment.  Caught the guy.  Tweaker.

I think 1 GC for the KC area is plenty.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2015, 06:33:31 PM »
There are a lot of them in So. Cal.  Not so many as to where they've started opening Guitar Centers inside Guitar Centers, but a lot.  There are two within 40 minutes of where I am.