Author Topic: NAD4DV8  (Read 629 times)

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
NAD4DV8
« on: January 24, 2016, 05:35:44 PM »
I picked up a new Marshall AS50D for my new Fender Sonoran acoustic/electric.  They made a limited run of blonde ones, one for each GC store.  I'm loving this thing more than any acoustic amp I've played through!  It produces the sound of the guitar spot on.  It also has an on board channel for a mic, so it's the perfect little beast for playing solo. Guitar case in one hand, amp in the other, "Where do I plug in?"  It has two Celestion 8" speakers, and frankly I didn't expect much out of them, but I plugged a Telecaster into the amp, and it was packed with all kinds of low end punch!  It also has input for a sterio, CD player, or drum machine, a built in digital reverb, and a chorus, and there's also sterio separation for the speakers.  All in all, a pretty big bang for the buck!  It's rated at 50 watts, and I believe it too, especially after I plugged the Tele into it!  I never thought I could love a Marshall amp, but I'm getting this one flowers and candy for Valentines day!
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
Re: NAD4DV8
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 07:57:57 PM »
Good choice.  I bought this for my wife as it has the XLR channel that works perfect for the Taylor v1 expression system.  For an acoustic amp it also has an XLR out if you are ever needing to run a signal to the system.  Great choice!
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Re: NAD4DV8
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 07:34:00 AM »
I love the sound of this thing, and I love the Fender Sonoran that I got as well.  The Fender actually plays better and sounds better than the high dollar Martin acoustic/electric that I had, and the amp stomps all over the Fender Acoustasonic I had.  I still need to work with my mic a little bit to zero in the PA channel, but I'm sure it will be fine for what I need it for.
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!