Author Topic: NAD..Brownie  (Read 3050 times)

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Re: NAD..Brownie
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 03:17:29 PM »
Here's an interview with Kurt from a local webzine that has a short snippet video....this gig was the day after I got the amp and the tubes were pretty much crap. I've retubed/biased since then and the amp really came alive after. Turns out it was biased really cold and I had to change out the resistor on the bias supply to get within range...it was sitting at 17ma and the trim pot was pegged. It really needed to be around 35ma! I'm not sure how it sounded as good as it did.
Not a great vid but you can get an idea of how warm and punchy the amp is.. even with a tele.

http://www.tvjerry.com/with-blues-video/

Yeah, a pretty untwangy tele-based rig.  Sounds great.  That much better with better tubes and correct bias.  I once had a set of tubes I could not bias to spec.  Turned out to be a flukey set of power tubes.  The old ones biased correctly, and I put another set in, and they came right into spec.

jblaylock

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 09:37:19 PM »
Here's an interview with Kurt from a local webzine that has a short snippet video....this gig was the day after I got the amp and the tubes were pretty much crap. I've retubed/biased since then and the amp really came alive after. Turns out it was biased really cold and I had to change out the resistor on the bias supply to get within range...it was sitting at 17ma and the trim pot was pegged. It really needed to be around 35ma! I'm not sure how it sounded as good as it did.
Not a great vid but you can get an idea of how warm and punchy the amp is.. even with a tele.

http://www.tvjerry.com/with-blues-video/

Sounds good.

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 03:35:27 AM »
Nice and fat, really warm sounding!  Almost hard to believe you're playing a Tele through it!
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!