Author Topic: Just a little snow.  (Read 1490 times)

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
Just a little snow.
« on: March 23, 2015, 04:25:37 PM »
dang, didn't realize we were going to get pelted like this but got 7 1/2 inches of snow before 9AM this morning.  Guess I have to go blow snow.  Figured I would just let it melt.
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Just a little snow.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 07:05:20 PM »
dang, didn't realize we were going to get pelted like this but got 7 1/2 inches of snow before 9AM this morning.  Guess I have to go blow snow.  Figured I would just let it melt.

Yikes!  We've been basking in high temps from 50-70.  Thinking Spring here!

I think I will make it without using my snow blower all winter!  Had one snow that I shoveled.  The rest I waited out, as the temps got above freezing within a few days.

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 07:43:25 PM »
Crazy stagnant snow system.  You can drive 15 miles one way and they got 12+ inches, and 15 miles in a different direction less than 2.  Going to have to blow snow when I get home :(
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 08:29:47 PM »
I've done blow, and I've done snow, but I've never done blow snow.  Me California boy!
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 09:45:06 PM »
Everything is turning green here. We are  smooth sailing all the way unless the tornadoes decide to screw things up.

Snow is always better than tornadoes!
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 11:41:35 PM »
90s by the end of the week around here!

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 02:02:33 AM »
90s by the end of the week around here!

That's cool as long as the AC is working!
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 02:11:39 PM »
I don't even bother with it until it gets HOT!  The first two years after I moved back down here from Santa Cruz I wore short sleeve "T" shirts without a jacket, even at night.  This last summer I just used my ceiling fans, and one other big one, and I was fine, not to mention saving about $140. a month on my electric bill!

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 04:04:58 PM »
I stretch out the Spring and Fall times of no AC and Heat, as much as possible.  Open the windows whenever possible.  I've never gone on those 'even pay' plans either.  I enjoy the extra "free" money from the lower heat/cooling bills in the Spring and Fall.  I know the downside is that I have to be prepared for the heating and cooling spikes when they happen. 

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 04:53:20 PM »
My condo is an upstairs unit with a black roof ,the living room has a vaulted ceiling and about 200 sq ft of windows. All catching direct sunlight. I put low E window film on the windows ,blinds and just recently full insulated drapes to keep the room cool. We set the AC on 68 and switch the fan to continuous to keep it cool in the living room. I also last fall had home depot blow in more insulation over the living room. The rest of the place is great just 1 room has been a battle.

Blueshonky  2013

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 05:13:31 PM »
This place is well insulated.  Oddly enough it doesn't heat up until about dusk in the spring, and about 3:00pm in the summer.  For the most part I only used the heater for one month during the winter.  I had the thermostat set so low it never warmed the house up much, and the heating bill was astronomical, so after that I broke out the snuggies, and bundled up in the evening, and saved a ton of scratch.  I have a gas fireplace, and if I turn that on for about 5 minutes it heats the house up nicely, and the insulation holds the warmth in.  I have a lot of glass on my southern exposure, which helps in the winter.  In this neck of the woods the sun is straight up during the summer, so the glass doesn't get hit by it.  Last summer I had a pik line in for all of August and the first half of September, and an open surgery wound on my leg so I couldn't even have a shower for six weeks during the hottest part of the year.  Nice and STINKY!  I sweated so much that I rusted out the pins on my watch band to the point that they all started breaking.  I'd have three or four pins replaced and three or four more would break.