Author Topic: I Got To Play A Real Guy 1956 Goldtop Last Night!  (Read 954 times)

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
I Got To Play A Real Guy 1956 Goldtop Last Night!
« on: June 15, 2015, 11:38:16 PM »
I was hanging out jamming at the Pit Stop last night and a guy came in to play who was also a collector.  He had a '56 Goldtop in tow that was the finest example imaginable!  He let me play it and I've got to tell you it had the finest, fastest neck I've ever played!  This guitar was just beyond belief!  There were no dents, dings, or cracks, just a tiny amount of very fine finish checking.  It was simply beautiful.  He said next week he's bringing in a '59 Standard flame-top, and I get to check that out as well!  I don't know what country you have to be president of to afford guitars like that, but I'm sure as Hell gonna find out!
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Re: I Got To Play A Real Guy 1956 Goldtop Last Night!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 04:36:46 AM »
I was hanging out jamming at the Pit Stop last night and a guy came in to play who was also a collector.  He had a '56 Goldtop in tow that was the finest example imaginable!  He let me play it and I've got to tell you it had the finest, fastest neck I've ever played!  This guitar was just beyond belief!  There were no dents, dings, or cracks, just a tiny amount of very fine finish checking.  It was simply beautiful.  He said next week he's bringing in a '59 Standard flame-top, and I get to check that out as well!  I don't know what country you have to be president of to afford guitars like that, but I'm sure as Hell gonna find out!

8) 8) 8)

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 12:54:32 PM »
dang, where is that I am silly jealous icon.;
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 01:41:32 PM »
This guy claims to have one of every year Telecaster, and every year Strat, and a myriad of other Gibsons as well, and to top it off the #1 Broadcaster.  He's an ex-banker from Great Britain.  He says when the financial crash happened and prices dropped he swooped on dozens of guitars.
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!