Author Topic: HAPPY 4th  (Read 1173 times)

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
HAPPY 4th
« on: July 04, 2015, 06:00:18 PM »
Try not to blow yerself up or drink yerself to death....Have fun, but remember kids, good clean fun!
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: HAPPY 4th
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 10:41:00 PM »
I been on the wagon since the 10th of June. Going to a party at the pool in an hour but probably wont stay long. Im stayin clean til New Years !
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 09:13:29 AM »
I'm going on 5 months now without a drink......Damned if I know why.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 04:45:21 PM »
I'm going on 5 months now without a drink......Damned if I know why.

I don't think I've been quite 5 months, but getting close.  Spontaneous.  I think I'll skip a day.  And another, and another.  Not intending to quit forever.  But, not sure when I'm going to have one.  Funny thing is that it seems to be contagious.  My wife has cut way back.  We would kind of play off each other: if you are having one, I'll have one.  Now she is much more conscious of when and how much she has.  She is having many more alc-free days.  Our friends seem to be having a lot less also.  And I encourage them to have one, if they like-- I'll bartend, be designated driver whatever.

I've made it through some kind of brutal gigs (logistic-wise) and felt great the next morning.  Stuff like, 2 1/2 hour drive to where my boat is; drop my wife and boat gear off; drive another hour; setup (with a horrible load-in/load-out) and play in the heat; tear down load out; hour drive back to my boat around 1:30am.  Up at 8 or 9am feeling great.  I think alc-free was a big help.

Been making some killer iced tea.  We have mint growing around our house.  Green tea, plus honey, plus mint.

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 06:25:34 PM »
I think I have been 420 free since Feb? Last Time was some of the stuff from Colorado. Cant wait to go there in the spring!  Im totally clean and weigh almost 210. I got to quit eating so much.
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 01:08:18 PM »
two gigs in two days plus the regular church gig made for a very busy weekend.  Ready to get back to work.
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 01:36:00 PM »
Got caught up on my family time.  A cousin of mine was passing through from Colorado to Chicago.  Stayed at my Uncle's place in rural northern MO.  Saw my Mom, Uncle, and some cousins.

Did our annual walk down the street to see the fireworks display (ground zero 1-2 miles away.)

Smoked 2 racks of ribs, and a pork shoulder, so nibbling on some great BBQ all weekend.

Sunday, my youngest son's girl had won tickets to the Royal's game on Sunday, so we I offered to watch my Grandson. (14 months)  He "helped" me wash 2 cars in the driveway, and some extended play time in the man cave, with the Royals game on.  He is at a great age.  The human sponge phase, where he wants to know what everything is called, and how everything works.  Takes constant watching, but its pretty rewarding!

Got in a 20 mile bicycle ride Sunday morning; followed by hand washing my car, and my wife's van.   Then waxing my car (while my grandson napped).  Royals had a great win (breaking a tie in the bottom of the ninth- a 'walk off', with some ballsy base running.)  The girls won the World Cup.  A great long weekend!!!

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 02:14:51 PM »
I played with a friends band last night.  The place was slammin'.  People were not only applauding, but standing up and cheering after every song.  I dug my big old heavy Les Paul flame top out of mothballs and played it.  My back was doing fine, and I felt like a kid again.  That guitars got more ballz than Carter has pills!  It was a really good time!