Author Topic: too darn busy for my own good.  (Read 1048 times)

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
too darn busy for my own good.
« on: July 10, 2015, 08:06:06 PM »
Gigging thrice this weekend, and got asked to audition for an eclectic middle eastern band.   
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Re: too darn busy for my own good.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 09:00:46 PM »
Gigging thrice this weekend, and got asked to audition for an eclectic middle eastern band.

Nice.  Middle Eastern band would sure be something 'different'.

Busy in a good way, with no gigs this past weekend. 

Last week, was nuts enough:

Blue Monday jam (host band)

Tue and Wed house hunting with my son and his fam (we will cosign, so a very vested interest).

Thur - I agreed to watch my grandson Fri.  So had to knock out mowing the lawn and the laundry between work and rehearsal.
Thur Night Rehearsal with Laura.

Fri work from home and watch my 14 month old grandson (babysitter crapped out for the day).  I had half my work done before he arrived, and after a little food and play, he zonked out for a 3 hour nap (Man, where is MY 3 hour nap!)
Fri Night rehearsal with celtic band deal.

Sat morn, went to the lake.  Wife stayed home.  Invited my son and family (14 month old, and baby mama).  Took them out sailing for the day, complete with some swim stops.  Managing an infant on a sailboat is a handful!   Made dinner (burgers) for everyone.  Put the kids/fam up in a motel.  Slept like a rock, on the boa

Sunday, drove home to find that we had a water leak in the house-- ice maker line.  My wife caught it, but it had already ruined part of the basement ceiling, and got the carpet wet.  So, came home to that mess and cleanup operation.

Would love a good ole evening of nothing to do.  But, back up for our Monday jam host deal.  And lining up drummer(s) for my Raildog gigs in August.

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 01:26:14 AM »
@ Rich. I hate the leaking water thing. We had the same issue years back just after installing new hardwood floors. The water from the ice maker leaked slowly unnoticed until the new floors were warping up . Fortunately it was the fault of the installers who had moved the fridge to lay the new flooring.

I  designed and built the river house with all of the plumbing over the garage so when those inevitable leaks happen they would leak into the garage area.

Just tonight here at the condo we had some high winds and torrential rain, water was dripping from one of the canned lights in the living room. Probably going to leave a water stain on my newly painted ceiling.
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 02:15:49 PM »
@ Rich. I hate the leaking water thing. We had the same issue years back just after installing new hardwood floors. The water from the ice maker leaked slowly unnoticed until the new floors were warping up . Fortunately it was the fault of the installers who had moved the fridge to lay the new flooring.

I  designed and built the river house with all of the plumbing over the garage so when those inevitable leaks happen they would leak into the garage area.

Just tonight here at the condo we had some high winds and torrential rain, water was dripping from one of the canned lights in the living room. Probably going to leave a water stain on my newly painted ceiling.

Yeah, we've had a few incidents of upstairs water issues ruining parts of the finished basement.  My wife, who caught it, said "good thing I was home to catch it".  I said, "yeah, but we can't just stay home all the time just in case something like this happens." 

I finished the basement in our previous house, and insisted on a suspended ceiling because A) you can get to stuff; B) I didn't have to install and paint sheetrock above my head; and C) if anything happens you just swap in some new panels.  My wife always hated it, because it didn't seem as 'finished' as she would like.  We always butt heads on home projects over my design objectives, keep cost down, easy to do, easy to maintain; and her design objectives: aesthetics, 'this looked easy on HGTV'.

I think next time we leave for a vacation trip, I might turn the water off.  That would limit any leak to what is in the pipes.