Author Topic: I had a pedal die... the response from the builder JHS was pathetic.  (Read 1712 times)

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
I have been consistently using a JHS EHX soul food.  A very good Klon Klone.  Up until November 22.  During playing it farted out.   Started making fart noises when on.  The thing is totally dead.

So I sent a message to get it repaired after reviewing the warranty:

"Our pedals carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty (for as long as we are in business) for ANY problem related to the function or operation of that pedal due to faulty parts and/or other internal problem.  We do not cover things such as broken knobs, pots and jacks due to abuse.  We build them to last but not to be thrown out of an airplane. However, we will repair problems that are out from under our warranty like the above at a very reasonable price.  Several of our pedals have internal trim pots which are set and sealed very carefully for the function of the circuit and it should be noted that tampering with the trim pots will void the warranty.'

So, I baby my equipment. 

The first response was annoying.  "Sure send it back, it will be somewhere around $45 to fix it and then shipping back."  That's half of the cost of it and I guess that simple failure is excluded somewhere.

The responses from there get worse.  I guess they get to make any kind of change to their warranty whenever the heck they want to.   

Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Re: I had a pedal die... the response from the builder JHS was pathetic.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 06:18:32 PM »
Take them to small claims court, and do it in your hometown.  Just the expense of them showing up will more than satisfy your need for revenge, and if they don't show up you get whatever you were sueing them for.  Win/Win.
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 10:37:42 PM »
Take them to small claims court, and do it in your hometown.  Just the expense of them showing up will more than satisfy your need for revenge, and if they don't show up you get whatever you were sueing them for.  Win/Win.

It's fine.  I'll publish all their blaming emails and send a copy to EHX to see what they have to say.  They slander EHX which is much more a staple that JHS will ever be.
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 12:25:59 AM »
And then they changed their entire website...

I guess that copy I made yesterday before they changed it would be interesting in a court Eh??

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 12:57:49 AM »
And then they changed their entire website...

I guess that copy I made yesterday before they changed it would be interesting in a court Eh??

And bringing that to their attention that I caught that they now will replace for free... Imagine that.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 05:56:39 AM »
I had a feeling that if you mentioned taking them to court that they would start speaking the Queen's English.

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 03:16:42 AM »
I had a feeling that if you mentioned taking them to court that they would start speaking the Queen's English.

It was like instant chango... How nice would a new pedal be.. we have never done that before.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 01:57:05 PM »
BOOM!