Author Topic: NGD for about 3 hours.  (Read 840 times)

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
NGD for about 3 hours.
« on: July 29, 2015, 01:22:22 PM »
I have this love/hate relationship with PRS.  Up until last week I had owned 4 and everyone who I have played with loves them and drools over them I have ended up giving them all away.  To me gear is just stuff and if someone (and I can tell) really likes something and I don't like it, I have no issue just giving to them. 

Over the holiday season, I gave my hand at a Baritone Squier Jazzmaster VI.   Traded a bass that was just sitting around for that.   Played it 3 or 4 times and just never could get what I liked out if it.  Had p-90 type pickups that sounded right, but nothing in my style of music for a baratone with p-90's.  So I put it away.

Last week I noted that the local GC got a PRS SE Santana is an amazing sapphire  blue finish with a great looking top.  Totally unplayed.  Traded in the baratone (got more than I had into it, it was mint) for the PRS.  Had an shorter scale but played pretty decent.

Walked in at home and handed the guitar to the wife to look at... Needless to say, she fell in love with it immensely.   So for about 3 hours I owned a PRS.

Part 2 of this story to return later.
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Re: NGD for about 3 hours.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 05:59:05 PM »
I have this love/hate relationship with PRS.  Up until last week I had owned 4 and everyone who I have played with loves them and drools over them I have ended up giving them all away.  To me gear is just stuff and if someone (and I can tell) really likes something and I don't like it, I have no issue just giving to them. 

Over the holiday season, I gave my hand at a Baritone Squier Jazzmaster VI.   Traded a bass that was just sitting around for that.   Played it 3 or 4 times and just never could get what I liked out if it.  Had p-90 type pickups that sounded right, but nothing in my style of music for a baratone with p-90's.  So I put it away.

Last week I noted that the local GC got a PRS SE Santana is an amazing sapphire  blue finish with a great looking top.  Totally unplayed.  Traded in the baratone (got more than I had into it, it was mint) for the PRS.  Had an shorter scale but played pretty decent.

Walked in at home and handed the guitar to the wife to look at... Needless to say, she fell in love with it immensely.   So for about 3 hours I owned a PRS.

Part 2 of this story to return later.

Maybe some good karma points with the wife, pay off in the end.  Like some big leeway with your future gear buys.

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
Re: NGD for about 3 hours.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 07:04:48 PM »
I always get that, but even more so.  My wife has a custom shop taylor 12 string and and a custom shop taylor 6 string.

Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.