Author Topic: The Drum Room!  (Read 1323 times)

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
The Drum Room!
« on: March 26, 2013, 09:10:08 PM »
This room is to discuss all things percussion, Drums, egg shakers, bongos.

Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Re: The Drum Room!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 11:50:01 PM »
Crash & boomin' all over the place?
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

scooter d

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 11:04:27 PM »
Got a new set of Yamaha Stages Customs recently with a bunch of Zildjian cymbals and other goodies (dbl kick pedals, high hat clutch, stands... Etc).Pretty nice for the price! Picked up an entry level set of Digital Reference drum mics. Not so sure about those yet. But they're pretty OK... 7 mic set (with overhead condensers). Have mic'd it up and tested them, but haven't had a chance to really dial them in yet.
Fun-fun!
Had my drummer tune and tweak everything. The drums sound excellent!

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 03:33:08 AM »
My Ludwigs are up in the rafters in the garage, and I haven't touched them in ages.  Originally, back in 1962, I was a drummer, and I started playing guitar, and learning the rhythm parts to the songs my little surf bands were playing so I'd have a clue as to what I was supposed to be doing back there.  As ther years rolled by, I'd be playing drums in one band, and guitar in another. eventually the guitar started becoming my main squeeze, and the drums started fading away.  Anymore I give drum lessons, but I rarely play them.  I got to play drums at a gig about a month ago, and I was surprised that I actually cut the mustard!
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!