Author Topic: Gig recording.  (Read 943 times)

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
Gig recording.
« on: September 12, 2015, 11:56:48 PM »
Not sure if you want to watch or not.  The whole thing on a pick up gig a few weeks ago.  We practiced a few songs. The only question was it too obvious that I was looking over to watch the chord progressions?  We had practiced a few songs, but did a few that we had not practiced.

*disclaimer religious content.  If religious content offends you please know that it has that content.

! No longer available

In other news, I stopped at the music store and got compliments on the stuff of mine they are hearing on the radio.  That was really cool.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:49:51 PM by KenBJammen »
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Gig recording.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 04:09:13 PM »
Not sure if you want to watch or not.  The whole thing on a pick up gig a few weeks ago.  We practiced a few songs. The only question was it too obvious that I was looking over to watch the chord progressions?  We had practiced a few songs, but did a few that we had not practiced.

*disclaimer religious content.  If religious content offends you please know that it has that content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdceO8VdZM

In other news, I stopped at the music store and got compliments on the stuff of mine they are hearing on the radio.  That was really cool.

Nice job.
No, I didn't notice you reading chord progressions.  Your partner seems to go for pretty buzzy distortion on Sweet Home Chicago.  Using drum track, or was there a drummer out of camera view?

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 11:49:37 PM »
The sweet home chicago thing was a total bust.

It was a backer that never seemed to stop.
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 01:40:29 PM »
The sweet home chicago thing was a total bust.

It was a backer that never seemed to stop.

The other stuff was much better. 

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 02:24:57 PM »
The other stuff was intensely better.  Played this through the fender champ 600 that I did mods on and replaced the speaker.  10" speaker, about 4 watts, not miced.  Ran the turnip greens and a TS for OD and a boss DD-2 for delay.