Author Topic: Why do you think the GC drum off comes back year after year and not KOTB?  (Read 956 times)

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
Here's a crazy thought.

The drum off goes on year after year and no more KOTB?  Why do you think that is.
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Here's a crazy thought.

The drum off goes on year after year and no more KOTB?  Why do you think that is.

Wondered about that too!  Drummers spend more money?  The bottom line is all that drives Bain Capital/GC.

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
In the drum off the right guy usually wins, at least at the store level.  In the guitar competition the judges usually don't know their ass from a hole in the ground and it pisses people off.....
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
In the drum off the right guy usually wins, at least at the store level.  In the guitar competition the judges usually don't know their ass from a hole in the ground and it pisses people off.....

I think another issue with KOTB is the whole "this is blues"  "that is not blues" thing.  In KOTB, you can have a phenomenal technical player not advance because he comes across as too much of a shredder, or 'too country', or 'too rock'.  The the the "blues" part of it, paints them or at least the judges into a funny corner.

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
The guy that beat me out at the Murrietta store WAS a shredder, and didn't play a lick of Blues.  And get this, he got me twice!  The judges can't find their ass with both hands.....  The way it should be is the competitors each get a vote, but you have to vote for someone other than yourself.  Problem solved.
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!