Author Topic: Go Royals!  (Read 2784 times)

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Go Royals!
« on: October 15, 2015, 04:01:58 PM »
Well, the Royals did it again!   First, a massive 8th inning comeback win in Houston on Monday.  Then, last night got behind 2-0, then came back and trounced the Astros.  In KC, we've been asking "Why did we spend all this money on Johnny Cueto?  I guess last night performance was the answer.

Wishing the Texas Rangers had beat out the Blue Jays!  I think the Royals would have a better chance of beating the Rangers.  We haven't done real well against the Jays this year, and they are on a roll.   But, so are the Royals.

:yay!: :yay!: :yay!:

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Go Royals!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 07:01:18 PM »
The day the boys of summer went on strike the first time I had tickets to go to my first ever professional baseball game at Angel Stadium, right on the third base line.  I didn't watch baseball for years after that.  When I was ready to kiss and make up, I watched two games on TV and they went on strike again, this time for the whole year, killing the World Series and everything else.  It pretty much occurred to me that this is a game little children play in vacant lots, with a stick and whatever kind of ball they can find FOR FREE, and that neither the players or the management, or the owners gave a damn about the fans, or really the game. I haven't watched a game since.  I ask you:

WHO???
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 07:03:40 PM by DannyDV8 »
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 08:45:08 PM »
The day the boys of summer went on strike the first time I had tickets to go to my first ever professional baseball game at Angel Stadium, right on the third base line.  I didn't watch baseball for years after that.  When I was ready to kiss and make up, I watched two games on TV and they went on strike again, this time for the whole year, killing the World Series and everything else.  It pretty much occurred to me that this is a game little children play in vacant lots, with a stick and whatever kind of ball they can find FOR FREE, and that neither the players or the management, or the owners gave a damn about the fans, or really the game. I haven't watched a game since.  I ask you:

WHO???

I've spent decades pretty much ignoring pro sports.  The strikes drove me even further away-- Really-- millionaire players petitioning billionaire players, and the fans are already getting bilked for $20 parking, $8 beer, etc.  The latest "greedy mf'er" thing:  games are only carried on cable channels, and sometimes not even basic cable.  I've seen the writing on the wall-- to drive more people to buy into those MLB all access, bilkings.

In either my college comp or speech class, I did an "expository" paper/speech about about how f'ed up college athletics are.  Athlete's promised a free education, but are too busy to be educated; people do their homework and papers for them;  sometimes graduating college functionally illiterate.   And in the grand scheme of things, pro athletes making multi-millions per year is just wrong. 

All that said, I got swept up in the excitement of the Royals cinderella story last year.  And they have pretty much stayed on top all year.  I plan to watch each game, as long as they remain in it!  And, as far as the 'whiney millionaire pro athlete' club goes, the Royals are not really the high-priced divas.    No A-Rod, no scandals.  Mostly some pretty down to earth guys.

Besides, the Chiefs look like they are going to suck bad this year.  I don't expect to be self-inflicting any more of that pain this year!

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 12:20:00 AM »
WHEN EVERY PLAYER,EVERY MANAGER AND EVERY OWNER WHO PARTICIPATED IN THAT LAST STRIKE IS DEAD AND IN THE COLD, COLD GROUND, I'LL BE BACK.....HOW ABOUT THAT?  TWO STRIKES AND YOU'RE OUT!!!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 01:40:10 AM »
I love the Royals, they have some great fans.  Cincinatti right up there too.  Can't stand the Cubs or the Cardinals. 

Other than that brewers and packers nothing else unless it comes with a cheese hat.
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 03:21:58 PM »
I love the Royals, they have some great fans.  Cincinatti right up there too.  Can't stand the Cubs or the Cardinals. 

Other than that brewers and packers nothing else unless it comes with a cheese hat.

I watched a lot of games this year.  I was astounded by how many Royals fans show up at every game on the road!  Haven't really followed the Cubs, happy to see them end their decades-long drought.  As far as St. Louis...    The cities of KC and St L are rivals.  Opposite sides of the state.  KC has been called the eastern-most Western city; and StL has been called the western-most Eastern city.  We in KC suffer a lot of "better than you" attitude from StL. If the Royals were out, and the Cards in, I would reluctantly cheer the Cards. 

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 03:24:38 PM »

WHO???

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 06:09:50 PM »

I watched a lot of games this year.  I was astounded by how many Royals fans show up at every game on the road!  Haven't really followed the Cubs, happy to see them end their decades-long drought.  As far as St. Louis...    The cities of KC and St L are rivals.  Opposite sides of the state.  KC has been called the eastern-most Western city; and StL has been called the western-most Eastern city.  We in KC suffer a lot of "better than you" attitude from StL. If the Royals were out, and the Cards in, I would reluctantly cheer the Cards.

I have a few friends who do road trips for a week a few times a year with the Brewers.   They'll fly out and catch 6 games.   
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 04:34:51 PM »
I was seeing tons of Royals fans in the stands for the away games this year.  Royals chants.  Sometimes seemed like the Royals fans outnumbered the home fans.  Might do that for a game or two next year.  Chicago, or the inter-league play against St. L.

BTW, Royals Swept the first two game homestand deal!  I was thinking, if they can go to Toronto 2-0, they have a pretty good chance of making it to the series.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 09:18:51 PM »

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 10:11:49 PM »
Everyone thinks its going to be a toronto / cubs series.  As of thursday the odds in vegas for the cubs taking the series was 5:2.  Id bet against that all day long.  There's a goat in the mix

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 12:25:15 AM »
Everyone thinks its going to be a toronto / cubs series.  As of thursday the odds in vegas for the cubs taking the series was 5:2.  Id bet against that all day long.  There's a goat in the mix

Toronto has been on a roll.  And the last time we played, in regular season, they kicked our butts.  But, going to Toronto 2-0, I think KC is still in this.  I'd like to see the Cubs make it to the series, but I'm thinking the Mets are looking pretty tough.

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2015, 01:52:11 PM »
Congrats to KC.  They had an amazing team this year.  Congrats to Ned and the boys.  From being a perennial bomb to winning the series is pretty cool

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2015, 02:28:16 PM »
So, it's over?

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2015, 03:12:01 PM »
Yep, its over.  WHAT A RIDE!  It would have been great to cinch it here.  But an even greater feat to take 2 out of 3 in NY! 

In case you missed it...

Behind 2-0 in the top of the 9th.  Mets and their fans thought they had this game.  Royals came back and tied it in the top of the 9th.  Then a 5 run 12th.  Citi field sat in stunned silence, except for the occasional Royals fan.

Still hearing fireworks going off everywhere, when I went to bed.

Musicians here are happy that their gigs will stop being cancelled!!!