Author Topic: dang... all the kids are married off..  (Read 1339 times)

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
dang... all the kids are married off..
« on: October 03, 2016, 01:56:49 AM »
That came and went quick.   Youngest Amber is now married.   Sweet guy, but he's a drummer. 

most fun with the granddaughter...

Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: dang... all the kids are married off..
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 12:37:37 PM »
Its a great time in life when they all move out. Just pray they dont come back and bring more folks with them.
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

ecgitar

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 04:23:17 AM »
Its a great time in life when they all move out. Just pray they dont come back and bring more folks with them.

;) ;) ;) 8) 8) 8)
The Blues Rules and so does Clapton.

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 06:16:16 PM »
Empty nest was kind of startling to me.  You get so used to the daily commotion with kids around.   Then, you get them all moved out, and suddenly, it is kind of quiet.  You and your wife looking at each other, like 'what now?'

For us, it had been a long time since we had focused on us as just a couple.  Kids kinda came first for a long time.   Doing some things as "just a couple" again, can be great! 
On the other hand, I can see how some marriages could go on the rocks at this point.  Especially, if one spouse, or the other, had just been holding on just 'for the sake of the kids'.  If if one spouse just can't adjust to not constantly being "mom" or "dad".

For us, it has been just picking up where we left off before we had kids.  And focusing on what WE want to do with the rest of our lives. 

Congratulations, and best wishes!

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 01:41:03 PM »
 I hear you ! We suddenly found ourselves sitting in silence without the usual responsibilities. It didnt take us long to become acclimated to our new environment. We were lucky and found out we still like each other.  We been stayin home way too much this summer but we got the river house sold and are planning on building our final place, a single level home with no stairs and a 3 car garage, Im sure I will add the bonus room over the garage for my man cave. When the river home sale closes this month, Im off to the Villages again for a week.

One of my customers who is 10 years younger and a 20 year friend, shut his small business down recently to sail down the tennessee river to the gulf and around the keys and up the east coast. He said he was taking a year off.  He had a brain tumor removed last year and seems to be doing great, I hope he has not spared us the bad news and making this his last big adventure.
I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 05:02:08 PM »
I remember moving out and my mother saying that the silence was deafening!  I was a pretty noisy kid!
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!