Author Topic: Saw Hamilton Loomis last night  (Read 1534 times)

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Saw Hamilton Loomis last night
« on: March 28, 2013, 01:55:04 PM »
Had nothing going on last night, and heard that Hamilton Loomis was playing Knuckleheads.   Rightly predicted my wife would not want to go.   So, went by myself.    There was also a jam going on at another place in the bottoms, that  would be doable on the way home, so I put my guitar in trunk.

Anyone seen Loomis?  Very good.   A lot of funk and soul; along with some great guitar work.  He also plays a mean harp.  Harp mounted, with a mic on mic stand, so we walks over to the harp mic/stand to play harp.   Found out that he uses a vacum cleaner attachment for a harp holder.

Well, I have a new guitar to be jonesin for!   He plays a beautiful EB/Music Man, and it sounded great.  Its the one in this clip.  This is the same band I saw, except for a different drummer.  Early show, 7-10, so managed to stop by the jam at another place and get in on the last lineup.   A pretty cool Wednesday night.

Hamilton Loomis -- "Partner In Crime" @ BRBF in Peer, BELGIUM

chuckinator5k

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Saw Hamilton Loomis last night
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 04:12:14 PM »
I know a drummer who worked with Hamilton on some stuff. Rockin funkiness!  :brianbanana:

RichR

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +6/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Saw Hamilton Loomis last night
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 06:16:02 PM »
I know a drummer who worked with Hamilton on some stuff. Rockin funkiness!  :brianbanana:

His guitar playing and tone were really good.  He played through a Peavey Classic 50 2x12 combo.    He had a Timmy on his modest pedalboard, so I expect it was always-on base OD.   

They were a 4 piece band, but it was more like a trio, with a guy who played sax, and occaisional keys.   Loomis definitely was always driving the bus.   Exceptional play/sing combo abilities.   A good study in 'what is possible.'   

Yep, funk for days.