Author Topic: The Return Of Chuckinator5K!  (Read 575 times)

chuckinator5k

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
The Return Of Chuckinator5K!
« on: July 13, 2018, 06:32:14 PM »
Well well well, you guys are still here! I took a long hiatus from playing, been looking after my Mom. She passed last November and I've been getting back into playing. How the heck is everybody? What the hell is everybody playing and through what amps? Ken, Johnny, Danny, Yosoy, Brad, Rich, where is everybody? Hope everyone is doing OK!

chuckinator5k

• View Profile
Re: The Return Of Chuckinator5K!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 06:55:50 PM »
And BH! I didn't forget about you, you old redneck!

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 06:34:46 AM »
Jeepers, I thought you went to prison or some shit!  I'm sorry to hear about your Mom.  No one has posted anything around here in months.  I don't know what's up with that!  It's good to hear from you, I'm glad you're back.
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

chuckinator5k

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 10:59:08 PM »
Danny! How the heck are ya man? Nah, no prison but I have been kind of hiding under rock. Starting to rebuild my chops. Picked up a couple of nice guitars and amps and sech. Do you ever hear from Brown?

ecgitar

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 06:58:42 PM »
How ya doing Chuck it been a while, so sorry about your mother?  Hope all is great with you now!  All is good at this end\retired and still playing!  Cheers!
The Blues Rules and so does Clapton.

chuckinator5k

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 11:55:50 PM »
Thanks EC. It's something most of have to go through at some point. I lost my Dad in 96.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 09:50:28 PM »
Danny! How the heck are ya man? Nah, no prison but I have been kind of hiding under rock. Starting to rebuild my chops. Picked up a couple of nice guitars and amps and sech. Do you ever hear from Brown?
I'm supposed to plat at his wedding this coming winter!  I talked on the phone with him a couple of days ago.   We're supposed to play at a mega jam together in October!

chuckinator5k

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 10:08:37 PM »
I'm supposed to plat at his wedding this coming winter!  I talked on the phone with him a couple of days ago.   We're supposed to play at a mega jam together in October!
Holy Shit! He's getting married? I thought he only liked other guy's wives. lol Tell me more about this mega jam. I might have to finagle my way into that sucker!

BH

• BAB Forum Superguru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 10:06:24 PM »

You pokin the wrong bear Hillbilly!

I have been fortunate enough to get a great bite of the Apple of Life. One thing I know for sure. Watch out for the Worms!

Blueshonky  2013

chuckinator5k

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 01:53:09 AM »

You pokin the wrong bear Hillbilly!

:D Good to hear from you man!

chuckinator5k

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 04:44:49 PM »
You guys ever heard of the Way Back Machine? It's an internet archive website. I found the old Funny Band Names thread!

https://web.archive.org/web/20071021104131/http://gckingoftheblues.com:80/forum/topic/1830

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 07:28:25 PM »
Holy Shit! He's getting married? I thought he only liked other guy's wives. lol Tell me more about this mega jam. I might have to finagle my way into that sucker!
He's getting married to a devout Christian girl!  Wonders never cease!  The jam is one that we played at a few years ago when Linda was alive.  It's at a friend's house in Murietta Ca.  He's done it a few times now.  More professional players than you can shake a stick at!  Mostly Blues guys.  It's on October 10th.

chuckinator5k

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 07:52:54 PM »
He's getting married to a devout Christian girl!  Wonders never cease!  The jam is one that we played at a few years ago when Linda was alive.  It's at a friend's house in Murietta Ca.  He's done it a few times now.  More professional players than you can shake a stick at!  Mostly Blues guys.  It's on October 10th.
Very sorry to hear about Linda Danny.

chuckinator5k

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 02:05:59 AM »
That jam sounds cool! The drive would kill may back though. If I did drive out, I'd load up the car with amps and guitars.  ;D

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 05:13:26 AM »
I'm sorry, I thought you knew.  She passed away Jan. 4, 2014.  She passed away in her sleep.  I checked on her about 8:30 in the morning, and she was asleep.  I caught two more hours of sleep, and when I woke up she was gone.  Yo and I both played at her memorial.  I did her favorite song that I do, and Yo did an instrumental version of "In The Arms Of The Angel" that was beyond belief.  I've never really sprung back physically from taking care of her, I hit the wall about a year and a half before she passed away.  The bone infection came back in my leg, and I'm still fighting that, and still have an open wound from all the surgeries.  Outside of all that shit, it's just another day in Paradise!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 05:15:02 AM by DannyDV8 »