Author Topic: Chuckinator5k NAD Before Yesterday  (Read 1775 times)

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Chuckinator5k NAD Before Yesterday
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2019, 02:43:56 AM »
I picked up a couple of the Boss Katana amps.  I never would believed I could fall in love with a solid state amps, but the 100 watt has 8 channels, and they're all programable.  The 50 watt has 4 channels, same deal.  The only thing you have to mes with when you set up is the master volume, and that doesn't change the tone of what you've programed.  It also comes with 50 effects, that are also programable.  I've been using both of them with a Live Wire Solutions A/B/Y box, and the tone is consistently the best I've ever got.  No running back to the amp adjusting the tone every time I change the volume.  Best of all, both amps came to a grand total of around $570.  They don't sell like hotcakes, hotcakes sell like them!  I'm still keeping my pile of Fender amps, but I won't be parting with these any time soon either!
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

chuckinator5k

• Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 07:40:42 PM »
I picked up a couple of the Boss Katana amps.  I never would believed I could fall in love with a solid state amps, but the 100 watt has 8 channels, and they're all programable.  The 50 watt has 4 channels, same deal.  The only thing you have to mes with when you set up is the master volume, and that doesn't change the tone of what you've programed.  It also comes with 50 effects, that are also programable.  I've been using both of them with a Live Wire Solutions A/B/Y box, and the tone is consistently the best I've ever got.  No running back to the amp adjusting the tone every time I change the volume.  Best of all, both amps came to a grand total of around $570.  They don't sell like hotcakes, hotcakes sell like them!  I'm still keeping my pile of Fender amps, but I won't be parting with these any time soon either!

Kick ass! Solid state stuff has come a long way. I just now made a deal with my brother. Trading him my Helix processor and Princeton for his Gibby 335. I'm stoked! Haven't messed with the Helix in months. Loving me some Two Rock Bloomfield Drive and Cardiff too much.

chuckinator5k

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 08:24:21 PM »
Speaking of solid State, I have a Roland Jazz Chorus 40 that I like a lot. The cleanest of cleans.

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2019, 03:59:21 PM »
That's what I was using when I played in "New Buffalo Springfield".  It was perfect for that gig.
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2019, 06:03:30 PM »
I am still hanging in there and liking the versatility of the Kemper.   At this point in my life anything that gets me playing is good
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

chuckinator5k

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2019, 02:23:56 AM »
I am still hanging in there and liking the versatility of the Kemper.   At this point in my life anything that gets me playing is good

Right on Ken! I just laid down a track with my Bloomfield Drive and Firebird. Can we still upload tracks here? Playing is pretty crappy but I thought I'd let you guys here the amp. It's kinda bassy through my monitors. The Firebird has Buddha P90s. Pup switch in the middle position. Recorded with a Cascade Fathead 2 ribbon.