Author Topic: Pickups  (Read 37 times)

chuckinator5k

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Pickups
« on: September 09, 2019, 08:09:11 PM »
I've been experimenting around with various pickups. My orange Strat had the original noiseless pups that came with it. Noiseless but also kinda weak. Swapped them out for some Fender V-Mod pups. I liked them better than the noiseless but still not that great compared to the tone I'm getting from the Buddha P90s (for humbucker slot) in my Gibson Firebird Studio. Played a blues jam last night. The jam sucked but I let a guy play his Strat with Jeff Beck noiseless pups through my amp. I was impressed with the tone. Bought a set, going to install them in my orange Strat. I'll let you know how that works out. Still waiting for the Buddha P90s for my Les Paul and Ibanez Prestige RG6UCS. Rock on dudes.

ecgitar

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Pickups
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 09:36:19 PM »
Yo Chuck!   I used to have a Fender Lace Silver in my mid. position and a Seymour Duncan quarter ponder in the lead position on my 65 Strat which had I liked the sound big time.  I sold my 65 Strat prior and put the original pups back in it when I sold it.  I now have a newer Strat which has Fender Custom 50 hotter pickups in it which I dig.   Great info on your pickups and jam down my friend! 8) 8) 8)
The Blues Rules and so does Clapton.

chuckinator5k

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Pickups
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 01:23:52 AM »
Yo Chuck!   I used to have a Fender Lace Silver in my mid. position and a Seymour Duncan quarter ponder in the lead position on my 65 Strat which had I liked the sound big time.  I sold my 65 Strat prior and put the original pups back in it when I sold it.  I now have a newer Strat which has Fender Custom 50 hotter pickups in it which I dig.   Great info on your pickups and jam down my friend! 8) 8) 8)

My buddy Tom had Lace Sensors in his Strat. He had them set up with the bridge at the neck and visa versa. He said he loved them. I've been digging the P90s so much that the Strat pups sound a little thin. Hoping the Jeff Becks remedy the situation. Rock on EC!