Author Topic: Yet another NGD  (Read 97 times)

DannyDV8

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

chuckinator5k

• Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another NGD
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 10:53:25 PM »
Noice!! Love me some P90s. Just ordered a set of Buddha P90's (for humbucker slot) for my Les Paul and Ibanez RUwhateverthefuckitis metal guitar. I need me an SG. That's a beaut!!

chuckinator5k

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 10:58:38 PM »
Reading the specs on that... I'm jealous! " Comfort and playability were two of Gibsonís primary concerns when they were designing the SG Special. Youíll be delighted by how this guitarís fast SlimTaper neck profile comfortably fits your hand in just the right way. For your playing pleasure, the rosewood fingerboard is buffed to silky smoothness and bound with rolled edges so that no fret ends impede your dexterity. The frets are dressed to perfection using a Plek Pro machine for optimized playability. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this process levels the frets with pinpoint precision, providing you with the most playable fretboard youíre likely to own." Kick ass!!! Wish I had the dough, I'd be getting one my own seff!

ecgitar

• BAB Forum Superguru
  • Thems the Blues: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 03:30:02 AM »
Way cool spec's and looking Gibson SG!   Yep, P90's are cool, I have a Eastwood Sidejack with hot P90's in it which I dig.
The Blues Rules and so does Clapton.

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 06:48:38 AM »
Reading the specs on that... I'm jealous! " Comfort and playability were two of Gibsonís primary concerns when they were designing the SG Special. Youíll be delighted by how this guitarís fast SlimTaper neck profile comfortably fits your hand in just the right way. For your playing pleasure, the rosewood fingerboard is buffed to silky smoothness and bound with rolled edges so that no fret ends impede your dexterity. The frets are dressed to perfection using a Plek Pro machine for optimized playability. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this process levels the frets with pinpoint precision, providing you with the most playable fretboard youíre likely to own." Kick ass!!! Wish I had the dough, I'd be getting one my own seff!
Chuck:  $32.00 a month!

chuckinator5k

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 02:32:38 AM »
Chuck:  $32.00 a month!
Damn! Mighty tempting... I think my Firebird Studio has the same specs and I absolutely love the way it plays. I have a few medical issues to sort out first before buying another guitar though. Asthma been kicking my ass lately. The meds are pricey as f*ck. I have 4 amps I need to sell though... and a couple guitars.  :idea:

DannyDV8

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 06:40:03 PM »
:yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!:\

The Sg arrived a couple of days ago, I immediately cut off the '9s that were on it, oiled the fretboard, put 10s on it, and raised the action a bit on the treble side, only to discover it played even better lover than it was before.  (You couldn't slip a butterfly's fart between the strings and the fretboard to begin with)  The thing's a little monster, and well worth the money!  Tone for days and days!  It's so light it's like playing air guitar!

chuckinator5k

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 01:28:28 AM »
:yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!:\

The Sg arrived a couple of days ago, I immediately cut off the '9s that were on it, oiled the fretboard, put 10s on it, and raised the action a bit on the treble side, only to discover it played even better lover than it was before.  (You couldn't slip a butterfly's fart between the strings and the fretboard to begin with)  The thing's a little monster, and well worth the money!  Tone for days and days!  It's so light it's like playing air guitar!

Sweet Danny! I was looking at your guitar online and a Firebird with one pickup popped up. 1300.00 smackers. It's a real Firebird with the neck through the body, has the little ridge going across the body. Upside down headstock. Silver metallic. Very tempting. Looks like Gibson is getting their poop in a group finally!