Author Topic: Fender '57 Custom Deluxe  (Read 561 times)

chuckinator5k

• 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Fender '57 Custom Deluxe
« on: January 18, 2020, 05:13:20 AM »
I'm letting my brother borrow my Two Rock Bloomfield Drive for a few months so I've been getting to know my hand wired Fender '57 Custom Deluxe better. I really like this amp. Other than being too bassy, I love it. My pedal board consists of a Peterson Stomp Classic tuner ---> Strymon DECO tape saturation/doubletracker ---> Tech 21 Q Strip preamp/eq --->Strymon Timeline delay ---> Strymon Blue Sky verb ---> input 1 on the amp. I don't use the Q Strip or DECO on the Bloomfield Drive, doesn't need it. They come in handy on this amp though. The DECO saturation is a silky smooth alternative to most OD pedals (don't use the doubletracker side much) and the Q Strip allows me to take the bass frequencies down while adding mids etc. I have the Timeline set on tape slapback delay. The Blue Sky I have set on plate verb, pretty low mix. The amp isn't heavy which makes it a breeze to haul around. The Bloomfield is a monster at 65lbs. Getting some beautiful tone from this setup. The amp is 12 watts but seems plenty loud. My main axe now is the Ibanez I mentioned in the guitar thread section with the Buddha P90s. The other axes I play most are my orange Strat (Esmerelda) with Jeff Beck noiseless pups, a Gibby 335 (2017 red dot) with the original humbuckers, my 2004 Les Paul and 2018 Firebird Studio, both with Buddha P90s. Hope y'all are have a great start to 2020! Rock on!

Regards, Chuckster

chuckinator5k

• View Profile
Re: Fender '57 Custom Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 03:12:24 PM »
Been running a Tech21 Q Strip EQ after the Peterson Strobe tuner. Low set one notch below Zero, Mid one and two one notch above zero, high at zero, Shift one at 700 Hz, Shift two at 1.7 Hz, both high and low pass frequency cutoffs engaged. That goes into a Zendrive, Tone at 11:00 o'clock, gain at noon and voice at 2. Then into a Wampler Ethereal verb/delay, delay set for slapback, verb fairly low. All that into the '57 Fender Custom Deluxe. Playing my Les Paul with Buddha P90s, bridge pup. The quality of the tone is right there with the Two Rock Cardiff, not sure which one I like better. This will be my blues jam rig for now. Nice and light, simple pedal compliment. The tone is very tasty!

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 07:51:35 PM »
 :yes:
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

chuckinator5k

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 11:46:21 PM »
The 335 sounds great through this rig too, of course.