Author Topic: TC Electronics MojoMojo  (Read 5085 times)

Steve "Guitarman" B

• Superhero Burlap and Blues Forum Veteran
  • Thems the Blues: +1/-0
    • View Profile
TC Electronics MojoMojo
« on: March 31, 2013, 03:29:52 AM »
Just picked up a tc electronics mojomojo today. I was looking for a good distortion pedal that didn't overly color my twin amp sound. Mainly because I liked the tone of the amp and I couldn't get the depth I was wanting, everything I tried sounded either too nasally or muddied up the tone. I tried the Keeley Katana and wasn't sold on it. I tried MXR Custom modified badass  overdrive, T-Rex crunchy frog, Way Huge Electronics Green Rhino and a fulltone blue and red. There wasn't a big selection and my criteria was budget, ease of use and tone quality. After playing for a while on the various pedals, I settled on the TC Electronics MojoMojo. 4-knobs bass, treble, drive and level. There's also a mini toggle for voice. It didn't take long to dial it in for deep rich distortion and the voicing toggle switch in the down position smoothed out the crunch so that playing chords sounded great. If you get a chance check one out and draw your own conclusions, and it is a true bypass pedal also.

KenBJammen

• Administrator
  • 10,000 post club (Chuckinator 5K's layer)
  • Thems the Blues: +4/-0
  • If you ain't in the forums you in the againstums
    • View Profile
Re: TC Electronics MojoMojo
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 11:52:35 AM »
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
  • Thems the Blues: +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 04:53:01 PM »
steve, you were looking for a good distortion pedal, but you didn't actually try one out, and ended up not buying one?

Steve "Guitarman" B

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 12:35:12 AM »
TC Electronic MojoMojo Overdrive

Yep, that's the one(thank's Ken). Does everything they say. I am very pleased with it.

Steve "Guitarman" B

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 12:43:09 AM »
steve, you were looking for a good distortion pedal, but you didn't actually try one out, and ended up not buying one?

I tried several. I paid $130 for it which fit into my budget nicely.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 04:11:44 AM »

I tried several. I paid $130 for it which fit into my budget nicely.

you said you were looking for a distortion, but only mentioned overdrives that you tried out, as well as ended up buying an overdrive. which distortions did you try out?

Steve "Guitarman" B

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 11:40:46 PM »
I tried all those mentioned, they seemed to be out of stock on quite a few. Then I told the manager that I was not looking to spend more than $150.00. I was also thinking about Hughes & Kettner tube distortion but they didn't have that either.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 12:21:06 AM »
I tried all those mentioned, they seemed to be out of stock on quite a few. Then I told the manager that I was not looking to spend more than $150.00. I was also thinking about Hughes & Kettner tube distortion but they didn't have that either.

those are all overdrive pedals. you bought an overdrive pedal. i was wondering if you tried any distortion pedals.

Steve "Guitarman" B

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 01:55:06 AM »
What would you have suggested?

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 03:55:16 AM »

i don't know. you were talking about looking for a distortion pedal, but only mentioned overdrive pedals that you tried. i would have suggested trying distortion pedals.

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 12:55:48 PM »

i don't know. you were talking about looking for a distortion pedal, but only mentioned overdrive pedals that you tried. i would have suggested trying distortion pedals.

I would have gone back a step further and said he was looking for something that didn't color his tone that much, so he was really looking for an overdrive pedal to start with.  Thoughts on that?
Does anyone ever read these things.  I have some guitars, some amps and some effects but none of them play the guitar for me.... Yet.

yosoytudios

• Yosoy's Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 01:17:49 PM »

I would have gone back a step further and said he was looking for something that didn't color his tone that much, so he was really looking for an overdrive pedal to start with.  Thoughts on that?
that could be.

DannyDV8

• Thems the Blues: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 05:51:23 PM »
Pretty much sounds like the case.
They call it the Blues, but the shit makes me SMILE!

Steve "Guitarman" B

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 06:30:12 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, I've been extremely busy with work and the house. What I was looking for was an effects pedal that would give me the distortion I wanted without coloring my tone. What I have now is a 70's MXR Distortion +, a Boss MT-2, a Mad Professor Golden Cello and the TC Electronic MojoMojo. All of these color the tone to some degree the best two are the Golden Cello and the MojoMojo. But that being said they each work differently with a Strat and a Les Paul. The Golden Cello sounds the best when I use my Strat. The MojoMojo sounds the best with my Les Paul.

KenBJammen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 07:44:40 PM »
The golden cello and the MojoMojo are both overdrives. 

Bet they sound great!